Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter time is a great time to ride fixed gear. The days are shorter and fixed riding gives you a great workout in a relatively short period of time. Below is my latest fixed project. I built it up yesterday.

Frame: IRO Angus- drilled for front brake only. Reynolds 631 tubing. If you want to run a rear brake, check out the Mark V

Wheels: Mavic CXP22 rims laced to formula track hubs

Drive train: FSA double cranks using a single 42T ring and short stack BMX chainring bolts. Dura Ace 16t track cog and lock ring

Brake: Front only- Chucks Bikes generic black caliper and Tetkro BMX red lever

Saddle: San Marco Regal- Richard Sachs red

Bar/Stem- Generic quill stem spray painted black. Bars are Specialized MTN bars cut down to about 44cm wide. Red BMX grips.

Total Cost: just shy of $600
Fun Factor: Priceless :cool: :cool:

If you are interested in fixed riding, stroll over to the Fixed Forum. I've recently added some resources(stickies at the top of the forum page) for fixed geared riding.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Dave Hickey said:
Just for something different. I have 4 fixed bikes. We'll see how long they last before I go to bullhorns or drops
Update. The flat bars didn't last long. I did 25 miles tonight and my hands were killing me. My bike is now sporting homemade bullhorns...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.