Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting the winwood ergo handlebars for a Cervelo Soloist that is being built by my LBS. I would welcome some opinions(pros/cons) and pics as soon as possible as the build will be starting next tuesday.

·
Registered
61 Posts
good choice

I have the same bar but labeled under another manufacturer. This bar fits me well since i have carpal tunnel on the R hand and the condition worsens when i use regular sized bars. This bar is very comfortable once you get it into your sweet spot, i needed a lot of fiddling to get it into my most comfortable position. My hand doesn't act up as much . The drops are wider than the hoods. My drops are 42 cm c-c, but the hoods are 40cm c-c. The bends are lower than the center of the stem. the rear center of the bar has indentations and are good for resting your thumb but you really need to position this bar to make it work effectively. The cable grooves under the bar have been sufficient. My cables have not come out of the groove even when i hit potholes or bumps. it doesn't feel as stiff as an aluminum bar and it needs some getting used too.
i have an aluminum truvativ ergo-anatomic handlebar and it does not compare to this. I would definitely get this bar for my other bike. i can't upload pictures to RBR but i can e-mail someif you're interested in my set-up. Hope this helps

TheCapman

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
psmith,

I love these bars and agree with TheCapMan. Most of the time my palms are flat on the corners of the tops; the wing is so wide and flat and comfy. TheCapMan pretty much said it all so here's a ton of pictures.

Enjoy your new Cervelo,
Tshirt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for the reply guys. I will definitely be getting the Winwood and will be mounting in on a Ritchey stem. I will post pics of the build as soon as my LBS completes the job.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
T-shirt said:
psmith,

I love these bars and agree with TheCapMan. Most of the time my palms are flat on the corners of the tops; the wing is so wide and flat and comfy. TheCapMan pretty much said it all so here's a ton of pictures.

Enjoy your new Cervelo,
Tshirt

Nice sandals and socks. :p

·
Registered
484 Posts
Speedgoat.com has all sorts of road goodies I think they have these. On the speedgoat site they're listed as the winwood road scholar bar I think.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ravenmore said:
I've actually been looking at these a while. Anyone have a good place to buy 'em from?
sandles and socks can be found in a wide range of pastel colours at most large department stores these days. In my neck of the woods I would suggest Woolworths.

Good luck with your purchase

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
Aussie Carl said:
sandles and socks can be found in a wide range of pastel colours at most large department stores these days. In my neck of the woods I would suggest Woolworths.

Good luck with your purchase
:D:p:D:eek::D:confused::rolleyes:;):D:D

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
spookyload said:
On ebay you can check for the same bar, but branded Velocarbon or Pro Carbon. I picked up the pro carbon brand for my commuter for around $120 last year. Exact same bar without the logo's.
Cool, that's a good source.

I've seen these bars under a minimum of seven different logos, including Stella Azzurra, IRD, etc... I bought the Woodwinds at the time because they were the least expensive.

Thanks,
Tshirt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts