Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new seatpost and decided to go carbon. I need a zero setback post and Winwood makes a decently priced one. Has anyone had any experience with windwood products? I like the looks of there carbon handlebars as well. Has anyone used there products? Are they good?

thanks Jerod

·
LOOK lover
616 Posts
Don't know about their other products, but dude I got some of their red carbon water bottle cages - are these the bomb or what!

·
LOOK lover
616 Posts
Special order through my LBS - yours should be able to get it, too. I do NOT know how much it costs - I picked them out when deciding on the components for my new bike and paid a package price. I would guess $70.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Winwood is a QBP house brand. It's good stuff. Those cages are available in red, blue, black, green, silver and yellow. Cost is $32.00. Figure on $50-60 at retail.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My experience

I have the seatpost, stem and Road Scholar bars on my Six13. I really like the seatpost since I need a zero setback on my Dale. The clamp looks dodgey, but works flawlessly with lots of adjustment. The stem is carbon wrapped and is not the lightest around, but it's stiff and hasn't caused me any problems over the past year. The jury is still out on the bars. I like the shape and the reach, but they slope downward from the stem towards the drops a few degrees. To compensate for this, I've had to flip the stem. It's not a silly positive rise, but I don't like the aesthetics. Also, the downward slope is not comfortable for long stretches on the tops. There is, however, a sweet spot on the top of the bends running into the shifter hoods. I find this the most comfortable spot on the bars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MerckxMad said:
I have the seatpost, stem and Road Scholar bars on my Six13. I really like the seatpost since I need a zero setback on my Dale. The clamp looks dodgey, but works flawlessly with lots of adjustment. The stem is carbon wrapped and is not the lightest around, but it's stiff and hasn't caused me any problems over the past year. The jury is still out on the bars. I like the shape and the reach, but they slope downward from the stem towards the drops a few degrees. To compensate for this, I've had to flip the stem. It's not a silly positive rise, but I don't like the aesthetics. Also, the downward slope is not comfortable for long stretches on the tops. There is, however, a sweet spot on the top of the bends running into the shifter hoods. I find this the most comfortable spot on the bars.
Thanks that is really helpful. I ordered the seatpost and will consider the bars let me know how you like them over time. Also are the bars flexy. I am 195 pounds and stiffness is really a nice thing. Thanks again.

·
Registered
397 Posts
No flex for me

jerod1981 said:
Thanks that is really helpful. I ordered the seatpost and will consider the bars let me know how you like them over time. Also are the bars flexy. I am 195 pounds and stiffness is really a nice thing. Thanks again.
I'm 180 and paired with the WW stem, I've never experienced any flex in the bars. I'm considering switching to the Stella Azzura bars and stem, but a second mortgage on my home may be tough to swing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts