Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that people use the Connex Links on Shimano chains, but I am curious as to how you install one. I assume you just replace an outer set of links with the Connex link and you're done. Is there any one that could provide better instructions (pics)?

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
using google...

A google search for wipperman connex brought up the web address.

http://www.connexchain.com/

Click on products, connectors, then the 9 speed link. Click on the see how it's done video.

All you do is remove two pins and a pair of outer plates. If a shimao replacement pin has been installed, I'd try to find it and remove it. The link must be installed in the correct direction, with the slotted end on your left (toward the rear of the bike) on the lower section of chain.

·
It's a Sledgehammer
547 Posts
There are instructions with the link. They can be installed upside-down and make a clicking noise, but it dosen't effect the performance. Once you look at it, it's pretty obvious how it works.

·
LOOK lover
616 Posts
It may not be obvious in the instructions, but remember "smiley" on top - that is, the slot on the Connex link makes a smiley face when the chain is on top of the cassette (and, obviously, a frowney face when on the bottom). I've heard the link can cause some skipping in the 11-t cog if not installed in the correct orientation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts