Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Too Old to Run...
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is is okay to use a wipperman link with a Record chain? I just had my bike switched from D/A to Campy and the LBS said that it was not recommended.

My desire for a clean chain has caused me to be a Wipperman addict. Is the only alternative a Wipperman chain?

G

·
Jrmccain said:
Is is okay to use a wipperman link with a Record chain? I just had my bike switched from D/A to Campy and the LBS said that it was not recommended.

My desire for a clean chain has caused me to be a Wipperman addict. Is the only alternative a Wipperman chain?
I do it.

Hasn't blown up yet.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,345 Posts

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
Wipperman 10S1 link

The Wipperman connector you wan to use is the 10S1, also known as the 6.1 Wipperman connector link, or the "Shimano" version of the Wipperman link.

If you do a search you will find several threads on this subject, using a Campy UN chain with the Wipperman link. The sideplate clearance is a tiny bit larger using this link but it works perfectly fine. I have probably ridden close to 30,000 km using the combo of Chorus UN chain and 10S1 link (several of them, obviously) and I have had zero problems.

·
Too Old to Run...
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eric_H said:
The Wipperman connector you wan to use is the 10S1, also known as the 6.1 Wipperman connector link, or the "Shimano" version of the Wipperman link.

If you do a search you will find several threads on this subject, using a Campy UN chain with the Wipperman link. The sideplate clearance is a tiny bit larger using this link but it works perfectly fine. I have probably ridden close to 30,000 km using the combo of Chorus UN chain and 10S1 link (several of them, obviously) and I have had zero problems.
Thanks. I know it's pretty silly question but the online information was pretty confusing. It looked like there was a few different choices although none of them stated "specifically for Record UN."

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
what campy recommends is their own link obviously, the wipperman quicklink is far superior...too bad the chain itself blows...

i still use the link on my veloce chain... its great... just make sure u orientate it the right way if you have an 11T in the back.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
meh, the $10 section is a waste of time... if it is that built up that it is binding the links, junk it... seriously, $35 gets u a new veloce chain... and get the wipperman link so u don't face that issue again..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.