Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I understand it, the wired Dura-Ace SRM will not work with integrated bottom brackets. Is that true? I'm looking at the Giant TCR and Scott Addict frames -- the Scott is also available with a threaded bb, so that's an option, but the Giant seems to only be available with a press-in bb. Is there an adapter available for either?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Technically, it's not supposed to work. SRM is working on a fix and has built special units for pro teams running frames with BBs like you mentioned. A team-mate of mine has a new Madone with an SRM and it didn't work...at first.

I created a simple fix and he's used it for @ 3 months with zero issues or problems.
I cut down an exterior seal from Truvativ BB (cut off the outer rubber part that ostensibly seals gunk out) and put it between the bearing and the inner part of the SRM crank. It effectively acts as a small spacer and lets the crank spin freely, without contacting the frame. The press fit bearings in the Madone and the bearingin the Truvativ/Sram BBs share the same I.D.

He's winning Masters 35+ races on it, so it worked...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts