Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a build kit from Wise Cycle Buys. Is this a good place to order from? What is your experience with these folks? Can I trust them?

Thanks
Alan

·
Registered
151 Posts
Alan said:
I am considering buying a build kit from Wise Cycle Buys. Is this a good place to order from? What is your experience with these folks? Can I trust them?

Thanks
Alan

Just bought 4 michelin tires from wisebuys-came a day early. No problems at all with the order and he had the best price on carbons.

·
lyleseven
490 Posts
Good guys!

They price matched on a cassette, told me to mail them a check and I got the cassette before they got my check by a full day!

·
Juanmoretime
2,203 Posts
The best.

William is awesome, I made many purchases from him. He's alway on the job, one of the guys on this board talked to him about an issue while he was fishing, he was having his calls forwarded to his cell phone. They are fast to ship. The Campy stuff they usually have drop shipped straight from Oshner in the Chicagoland area. If I order Campy stuff from wise, I usually get it the next day, shipped free.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Great place to deal with!

William is "the bomb". If you didn't know this already, they'll HAPPILY match any advertised price, even e-bay "buy it now" prices. I've ordered from the 2X now and I suspect they'll have my business again. Quick shipping, too.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Top notch service. William will also talk to you and is always willing to answer any questions you might have.

·
Rain Man
319 Posts
Fantastic!!!

William (I think he IS WCB'S) is easy to talk to and has shipped all my stuff (and lots of it) right away. This is a great source for parts and a great resource for advice.

·
Custom Title= ?
785 Posts
William Is WCB....

William answers the phone every time I've called, once during really off-hours. He shipped me the Campy gruppo on this Domino along with a set of Eurus wheels. When I requested (and received) the front derailleur with the wrong size clamp, he shipped me the appropriate derailleur without waiting for me to return the first one.... He wanted to pay shipping on the return, too. (It was my mistake: He wasn't going to get away with that).

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
I get mine from him...

delivered in less 24 hrs! Not all, but most of stuff I order from him. I am about to get another Campy group from him before the price hike takes effect.

BTW what handle bar tape do you got on that handle bar?

·
Custom Title= ?
785 Posts
Bar Tape....

The bar tape is On-Air. I'm not sure some folks would like the feel, but judge for yourself. It's padded, not slippery or overly grippy and certainly not cork. Colorado Cyclist occasionally lists the Douglas faux carbon tape which looks like the same stuff, but it's not listed today.

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
Thanks...

Bixe said:
The bar tape is On-Air. I'm not sure some folks would like the feel, but judge for yourself. It's padded, not slippery or overly grippy and certainly not cork. Colorado Cyclist occasionally lists the Douglas faux carbon tape which looks like the same stuff, but it's not listed today.
I'll have to check one out.

I've been looking for something other than cork. There is Colnago tape that comes in black, grey and white(I can't remember the name at the moment) that looks like the Look's faux carbon deal. I'll see after I order one. It'll be ok on my Nag but wouldn't be on my other ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts