Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's assume money was not a factor in the following discussion (big assumption...but stick with me). List your ultimate lightweight all-carbon frame. Some suggestions: Colnago EXTREME-C, Pinarello Paris carbon, Scott CR-1, Look 585, Cervelo R3. Go crazy perople.:mad2:

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Never thought I would say this,but......

jsmst32 said:
Let's assume money was not a factor in the following discussion (big assumption...but stick with me). List your ultimate lightweight all-carbon frame. Some suggestions: Colnago EXTREME-C, Pinarello Paris carbon, Scott CR-1, Look 585, Cervelo R3. Go crazy perople.:mad2:[/QUOT

I'm currently happy with what I have now.That's right,I lust for nothin' at the moment! I'm lucky to have (to me and my opinion) 4 real nice bikes that accomplish the same thing differently. I presently only suffer from upgraditis with my last bike.

Although,if I were to pick just one bike to have,it would be with out a doubt my Specialized Tarmac SL, hands down.That bike is such a blast to ride! The angles are near perfect, coupled with the no flex forks and the frame's incredible stiffness assures a real stable ride, yeilding a drivetrain that feels like it is getting every ounce of energy.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Will definitely have to be my own design, but probably built by Topkey.

jsmst32 said:
Let's assume money was not a factor in the following discussion (big assumption...but stick with me). List your ultimate lightweight all-carbon frame. Some suggestions: Colnago EXTREME-C, Pinarello Paris carbon, Scott CR-1, Look 585, Cervelo R3. Go crazy perople.:mad2:

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Easy: Parlee Z1SL, Spin, Parlee Z1, Spin.....and a Parlee.......and a Spin.

Alas, I am entirely satisfied by my Moots Compact, so the Parlee or Spin will have to wait a while......

·
You talking to me?
736 Posts
Paris Carbon??

SPINDAWG said:
I'm currently happy with what I have now.That's right,I lust for nothin' at the moment! I'm lucky to have (to me and my opinion) 4 real nice bikes that accomplish the same thing differently. I presently only suffer from upgraditis with my last bike.
Any more to report about your new Paris Carbon? I'm in the market for a new frame and was looking at the Parlee Z2, Look 585 or the Pinarello Paris Carbon. The geometry of the Paris looks to be a little better for me so that's the way I'm leaning right now. Do you have an actual frame & fork weight? Anything different about the handling characteristics that you can comment on?

Thanks - Bryan

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
The website has a unpainted 54 at 990 gr.

B2 said:
Any more to report about your new Paris Carbon? I'm in the market for a new frame and was looking at the Parlee Z2, Look 585 or the Pinarello Paris Carbon. The geometry of the Paris looks to be a little better for me so that's the way I'm leaning right now. Do you have an actual frame & fork weight? Anything different about the handling characteristics that you can comment on?

Thanks - Bryan
My 57.5 weighed 998 gr. plus fork was 375. It's a lively,light carbon frame and its stability is equal to a magnesium frame but lighter.

·
eminence grease
18,559 Posts
jsmst32 said:
My top 3 - Parlee, Parlee and Parlee. Honorable mention - Crumpton SL

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
SPINDAWG said:
My 57.5 weighed 998 gr. plus fork was 375. It's a lively,light carbon frame and its stability is equal to a magnesium frame but lighter.
Paris 51.5 with headset bearings:

Fork:

For reference you can check weight weenies. There are several owners over there who have confirmed that Pinarello weighs are no where near the quoted numbers.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Orbea Opal

I would love to get my hands on a orbea Opal. I allready have an orca and and it is the best fitting bike for me. I would however dig the extra stiffness the opal gives.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.