Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I could have 3 wishes, the first one would be that winter would let go......

7 inches of snow yesterday, 15 mph wind whipping into drifts and actual temperatures of 7 degrees this morning.

I want to ride, I want to ride with shorts on (and not end up in the hospital)
I want to hear birds, I want to smell flowers I want SPRING. Last winter was the snowiest on record EVER here, this one has not made it into the top ten but it has been COLD.

(December was actually the snowiest month on record ever...)

Any one else sick of winter?

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i want to find old man winter and kick him in the junk.

i think there has been snow and ice on the ground 80% of the days. i could be wrong, but it sure feels like it.

the cold stretches this year really sucked @ss too. i'm dying for a nice long ride in the warm sun.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
People in Madison still know how to have fun in the winter. Cross country skiing, ice fishing, all that stuff.

People in Chicago don't do that anymore. We had such a run of mild winters that people sold their skis, snow sport shops closed, skiing clubs folded, and we all expected to be able to ride our bikes through the whole season. These past two winters have been tough because we're really out of practice.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Touch0Gray said:

7 inches of snow yesterday, 15 mph wind whipping into drifts and actual temperatures of 7 degrees this morning.

I want to hear birds, I want to smell flowers I want SPRING. Last winter was the snowiest on record EVER here, this one has not made it into the top ten but it has been COLD.

I wouldn't waste my wishes on ephemeral things. Winter always comes and always goes. You can count on it.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have fewer than 100 miles in for the year, and only 20 of them have been above 20 degrees. I am WAY out in the sticks so the weather is right there...in your face...

btw, if it is too cold to swim, I stay off of the lakes!!!!!!!!!!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vonteity said:
I wouldn't waste my wishes on ephemeral things. Winter always comes and always goes. You can count on it.
Yeah Von I know, but since i have NEVER had a WISH come true.....I'll waste my first one...LOL

Can you recommend a good fairy god-mother?

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
Yeah Von I know, but since i have NEVER had a WISH come true.....I'll waste my first one...LOL

Can you recommend a good fairy god-mother?
Nope, but if you find one, let me know. I have a few wishes that could stand being used.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
you still have two wishes left...

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
People in Madison still know how to have fun in the winter. Cross country skiing, ice fishing, all that stuff.

People in Chicago don't do that anymore. We had such a run of mild winters that people sold their skis, snow sport shops closed, skiing clubs folded, and we all expected to be able to ride our bikes through the whole season. These past two winters have been tough because we're really out of practice.
i felt like i should have bought some xc skis this year. we just don't normally seem to have snow on the ground this much. well that and i don't really need another expensive hobby.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Why don't you wish for the snow to divert back my way. We got jipped this year and I'm not done w/winter fun. Although, I truly hate clearing snow from around the place... and of course, my bike looks a little forlorn and lonely.

Spring to me means weeding, weeding and more weeding. Cutting back overgrowth, fertilizing the lawn and shrubs, pruning (way too many) shrubs, losing the battle with moles and gophers, cleaning out flower beds, raking up a million pinecones from a very large driveway, clearing off an inch of pine duff from a very large driveway, fixing fence, and the list goes on and on.

But, come August when it's all done the place looks great!

Have fun plowing, bud! :)

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
Touch0Gray said:

Ditto! Riding on the trainer sucks, even in front of a tv the size of a gypsy snowplow. I'm bored out of my mind on a bike I love. It's like having a hot wife with herpes...I wanna do more, but the consequences are holding me back.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
real stonie said:
Ditto! Riding on the trainer sucks, even in front of a tv the size of a gypsy snowplow. I'm bored out of my mind on a bike I love. It's like having a hot wife with herpes...I wanna do more, but the consequences are holding me back.
......................................you have such a way with words..........................................
At this point all that is keeping me sane are the loons here on RBR

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BuckeyeBiker said:
you still have two wishes left...
smart-a$$
just cause YOU have decent weather....Jenny said she and her boyfriend were playing disk golf last weekend...mid 50's

BUT....you know....I'd rather plow snow than live in Columbus! (so would she) lol

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OldEndicottHiway said:
Why don't you wish for the snow to divert back my way. We got jipped this year and I'm not done w/winter fun. Although, I truly hate clearing snow from around the place... and of course, my bike looks a little forlorn and lonely.

Spring to me means weeding, weeding and more weeding. Cutting back overgrowth, fertilizing the lawn and shrubs, pruning (way too many) shrubs, losing the battle with moles and gophers, cleaning out flower beds, raking up a million pinecones from a very large driveway, clearing off an inch of pine duff from a very large driveway, fixing fence, and the list goes on and on.

But, come August when it's all done the place looks great!

Have fun plowing, bud! :)
I spend hours every day snuggling with my bike and petting her.....the paint is starting wear off.....

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Touch0Gray[B said:
]......................................you have such a way with words..........................................[/B]At this point all that is keeping me sane are the loons here on RBR

I thought that was pretty funny too. Someone will grab it as a siggie.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
you need some place with less work. maybe you should move out of the sticks.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Well, it will be the first day of spring in only a month. That's got to mean that some kind of warmer weather is on the way.

I'll agree though, it's been a long winter down in my area as well. I'm ready for spring.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Spring is right around the corner, the first timid birdsong can be heard, I spotted some very pregnant looking ewes in a field the other day, the common snowdrops are blooming and next weekend the road season in Belgium kicks off with the Omloop and Kuurne. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts