Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got my Reynolds Assault wheels and i took them for a 20 mile ride today just to break them in before my crit race tomorrow. after the ride i inspected them and i noticed that the rear wheel was about 1mm out of true in one spot. Is this normal when breaking in carbon wheels and im being anal/paranoid about the little wobble? I got these wheels because they are supposed to be strong everyday wheels according to Reynolds. im 195lb and the wheels are 46mm carbon rims with a 20/24 spoke count.

· Registered
4,105 Posts
b24fsb said:
so should i true the wheel and then keep an eye on it and see what happens down the road?
Check first to see if tension is even... if you find a loose spoke then tighten this first. All of the Reynolds rims I've built have been pretty straight from the start.

BTW you say "about 1 mm" but I'm guessing you didn't measure it.. and it's kinda hard to eyeball this unless you have experience. About 1/3rd this much would be acceptable, even though you would still be able to see it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.