Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any women building frames? Although I remember a woman (Scandinavian, I think) who used to post on the framebuilders forum, I don't remember hearing of any women building and selling frames. If not, why not? If so, who are they?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Margo Conover - Luna Cycles

mickey-mac said:
Are any women building frames? Although I remember a woman (Scandinavian, I think) who used to post on the framebuilders forum, I don't remember hearing of any women building and selling frames. If not, why not? If so, who are they?
http://www.lunacycles.com. She's the only female pro builder I know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Margo

mickey-mac said:
I figured you'd be the most likely to know. BTW, it's nice to see you posting here again.
Thanks. It's a funny deal about Margo. I vividly remembered the picture of her from a Bicycle Guide "Hot Tubes" article they did on her way back when. She was wearing one of those Ecuadorian beanies and silvering up some frame inside of what looked like a yurt. I thought she was hot!

Anyway, years pass and one day the phone rings and it's Margo calling me about getting some framebuilding tooling. I was like, "Sh!t, I know you! BG did a article on your back in XX and blah, blah, blah." Anyway, I stopped about mid-sentence realizing I was probably freaking her out and said, "I'm not a stalker, I promise." She's got a good laugh. So anyway, she bought some mitering tools from me. She was building frames in Nederland but I got a note from her the other day and now she's living & building in Santa Fe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.