Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hottie is looking for shorter shorts (shorter inseam, no more than 5 in).. where can I buy the shorter shorts? Not looking for Assos type, something entry level ok.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Try to find SheBeest; shorter without leg grippers (wife is a fan). Reasonably priced, often online for sale.

·
Meow!
1,449 Posts
Shebeest is a brand of cycling clothing. According to their website, their shortest short this year has a 7-inch inseam. For a good selection of shorts, check out teamestrogen.com. and rei.com. She might look for shorts advertised as "tri" shorts. They typcially have shorter inseams.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Kwantani said:
hottie is looking for shorter shorts (shorter inseam, no more than 5 in).. where can I buy the shorter shorts? Not looking for Assos type, something entry level ok.
lol....do people say Hottie, still? About themselves? Let us decide...:idea:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Do tri shorts have less padding than regular bike shorts? My wife is new to cycling and was put off by normal cycling shorts because of the "diaper." She's currently using a pair she bought years ago which have very thin padding but she can't remember where she bought them.

So I guess my question boils down to whether anyone can recommend any brand of thinly padded shorts? (She's in that crucial beginner/intro stage so it's important that she be kept happy so she doesn't get derailed.)

·
haole from the mainland
5,962 Posts
kermit said:
I have zoot tri shorts, with a 3 inch inseam and very little chamois. I like em alot.
Another Zoot fan. The Zoot "cycling" shorts (not "tri" shorts) have a medium-sized pad. They aren't diaper like.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you don't mind the smaller than average padding that a tri short offers the 2XU hipster shorts are a good option to consider. My girlfriend started using them this year and loves them. So far even with her women's San Marco Aspide she hasn't complained about the lack of a thick pad in them. She also has Voler (from Velowear) Team Tri shorts and she likes the 2UX shorts much more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kwantani said:
Try Pearl Izumi ir Sugoi both in Triathlon shorts, very short 3in. little padding good for run or bike. If you have great legs these are the shorts:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts