Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm in need of a new bike seat. I'm looking for a seat around 70-100$. I was wondering if any women had any suggestions for a good seat that's sleek and not too girly. OR if any guys have heard of seats that women like. Thanks!
-Sarah
(I'm currently riding a Selle Italia FLITE Genuine Gel seat... OUCHY!!!!) :(

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
I think it is no accident that the Terry Butterfly has such a large market share among women roadies. I'd absolutely start there. Saddle preference is very personal, but Terry makes a great product.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Almost all of the good/fast chick riders I know ride on the Terry Butterfly - and they all say it's a great saddle - changed to that from something else. I think you'll be able to find a pretty good deal on one on Ebay or a discount seller.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My wife rides on a Specialized Jett saddle:

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=13530

I think Terry makes good saddles and I have seen a lot of female rides on them. But they didn't work out for my wife, but she seems to like the women's Specialized Jett saddle. My advise is to go to a LBS and buy a saddle there. Make sure you can return or exchange it if it doesn't work out. Most LBS will let you do this. You don't want to be stuck with a saddle that you can't ride.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,854 Posts
Keep Looking

sarahkate01 said:
...(I'm currently riding a Selle Italia FLITE Genuine Gel seat... OUCHY!!!!) :(
My wife loves her Flite, but you need to find a saddle that fits your body. A couple of things to consider as you try out saddles is making sure your bike fits properly and the saddle is installed/adjusted properly. Also make sure you are riding good shorts designed for a woman and that have a chamois that works well for you. If the installation or the shorts are wrong you may never find saddle nirvana.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Brooks Finnesse

You might find one on e-bay I have four on all my bikes and they are by far the best saddle I have ever ridden and I have ridden many saddles. They are not cheap but they last forever. You might hear that they are hard to break in however that has not been my experience. If you checl Wallingford bicycles every now and then he has a used one. He also will take it back if you do not like it.

·
Banned
657 Posts
I have several Selle Italia saddles I like but my favorite is the Lady "Gel Flow-Trans Am". Also, this one is still available. They have changed the SI "Genuine Gel" model since I bought mine so I can't recommend it. I've tried a couple Terrys but found the center area uncomfortable.

·
Unlabeled
3,729 Posts
Brooks Women's Professional, pre-softened

sarahkate01 said:
Hi, I'm in need of a new bike seat. I'm looking for a seat around 70-100$. I was wondering if any women had any suggestions for a good seat that's sleek and not too girly. OR if any guys have heard of seats that women like. Thanks!
-Sarah
(I'm currently riding a Selle Italia FLITE Genuine Gel seat... OUCHY!!!!) :(
My wife has one and loves it. She tried lots of seats but nothing was good for more than 30 miles. She's done 53 miles on her Brooks with no complaints. It's beautiful without being sissified. We're building up an old Mixte for her and she demands that the saddle be the Brooks. Lick Bikes has a good price.

http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.aspx?PART_NUM_SUB='0908-00'

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow. Over time it started to drive me crazy! It was too big, and it rubbed in all the wrong places giving me constant saddle sores. I switched to the Terry Zero X and I love it. A thing about Terry is if you order from them they give you 30 days to see if you like it. If you don't send it back and try another. That's what I did. I initially tried the Firefly but that wasn't wide enough. I like the Zero X because it's not huge and it's not as soft as the Gel Flow which was TOO SOFT!!

Good Luck,
Sarah

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.