Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw Liz Hatch post on twitter about them not showing the finish of the womens race while the men were just cruising along. Pretty typical post for her complaining about womens racing not getting any coverage. Honestly though, with Marianne Vos in the race, it is completely predictable these days. Why turn TV coverage into the Marianne Vos show? It is amazing how easily she seems to crush her competition.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
So I saw Liz Hatch post on twitter about them not showing the finish of the womens race while the men were just cruising along. Pretty typical post for her complaining about womens racing not getting any coverage. Honestly though, with Marianne Vos in the race, it is completely predictable these days. Why turn TV coverage into the Marianne Vos show? It is amazing how easily she seems to crush her competition.
female cannibal

·
Good Person
1,695 Posts
I didn't even have to check to see who won the race. She's my favorite cyclist right now.

It is starting to get a bit silly though. I think it might be time to start letting her race with the boys....

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
And yet thats not how it went down at all the women she was away with were attacking her. The finish was quite exciting.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
Well, was it an interesting race to watch?

The men's boiled down to a long group tempo ride, followed by Fabu's attack. I think it's the course's fault.
how would you know until after the fact? why not show it live instead of showing 75km of the break being kept at a few minutes?
and if that is too much, sporza has proven several times they can show two groups on the screen at once so why not showing the finish of a race with world class athletes.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Kudos to Stijn Devolder who did some massive tempo work keeping the break in check and setting up Spartacus's move to perfection
Sagan barely had anyone around him (1 Dom) which won't fare well @ Roubaix

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.