Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
why the he11 didn't they pull the motorcycles out of the way for the field sprint ??

and why was there a truck blocked off with cones in the final 50 m of the sprint.

2 dangerous items... who is running this race????!!!!

-- saw the men's finish, looks like it is also blocking a curb. the cameraman looked pissed when he almost got it by riders swooping by him.

· Registered
3,140 Posts
bas said:
why the he11 didn't they pull the motorcycles out of the way for the field sprint ??

and why was there a truck blocked off with cones in the final 50 m of the sprint.

2 dangerous items... who is running this race????!!!!

-- saw the men's finish, looks like it is also blocking a curb. the cameraman looked pissed when he almost got it by riders swooping by him.
This years edition was oe of the most poorly organized ever all sorts of dangerous crap was happening in the race withe carvan and other things.

· Registered
2,274 Posts
Coverage? That "show" on VS was bad. Very poor. Those two doing the talking, they were clueless. It was like they weren't even watching the same TV they were supposed to be comentating on..The camera work was horrible and when they cut from the women's field sprint to show a minor crash...I cringed...

I know, at least it was TV coverage. But it was Cat 5 broadcasting at best.. I did find the Rock Racing hype funny....Love the Escalade or whatever Cadillac team car! Wonder if they had the camera chopper painted in Rock Racing livery?
Don Hanson

· Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
Yes, that was some of the worst coverage and commentating I've ever seen. They started out with the men's race then came back from a commercial to the women's race.

And it seemed that whenever things were "hotting up" the Rock Racing graphic would come up and interrupt the action. That was pretty annoying.

· World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
I TiVo'd it.

Lasted 8 minutes, then erased it.

Awful.

· Registered
159 Posts
That was nothing but the standard local 6ABC broadcast

This was nothing but a replay of the coverage we got live on 6ABC the day of the race. The main commentator is John Eustice who does this kind of thing for a bunch of local tv stations. He is the only one who knows anything about cycling. The other folks were just sportscasters from the local ABC affiliate. And they are truly clueless. I agree. Versus had nothing to do with it. They probably bought the footage from 6ABC and added the rock racing stuff every 2 minutes to make it a show. My favorite was at the end of the race when Eustice kept calling him Rory O'Southerland.

Eric

· Registered
678 Posts
Gnarly 928 said:
Coverage? I know, at least it was TV coverage. But it was Cat 5 broadcasting at best.. Don Hanson
Boy that is the truth. Who were the commentators anyway? It sure seemed like they were badly prepared or there was very little production help in their earpieces during the race. As others have said, a poor production from every perspective.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.