Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody riding over this saturday? Im wanting to do this ride, but Ive never done it. Im recovering from a hi injury so I wont be fast, somewhere around moderate I would guess. Rensho, Bustamove, Francois? Anybody riding?

Sean

·
Anti-bling
274 Posts
smw said:
Anybody riding over this saturday? Im wanting to do this ride, but Ive never done it. Im recovering from a hi injury so I wont be fast, somewhere around moderate I would guess. Rensho, Bustamove, Francois? Anybody riding?

Sean
I was thinking of going over the hill from Los Altos tomorrow or Sunday. If I can do it with some good company rather than on my own, then all the better. What time were you thinking of leaving at? Where from in Woodside - that general store, (can't remember the name of it)?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Fr Ted Crilly said:
I was thinking of going over the hill from Los Altos tomorrow or Sunday. If I can do it with some good company rather than on my own, then all the better. What time were you thinking of leaving at? Where from in Woodside - that general store, (can't remember the name of it)?

last time I rode that area I left from the park and ride at page mill rd and 280. I cant go sunday, and was thinking between 8:30 and 9am start.

Im pretty open to the route as I dont know the roads well.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
How Was It??

·
Registered
98 Posts
I did this on Saturday... couldn't have asked for a better day. It was slight overcast- arm warmers were all that were needed to keep warm on the Kings Mountain descent on the way back. I live in San Carlos, so after I made my way over to 84 via Canada, rode through La Honda to San Gregorio, and then over HWY1 to Tunitas Creek. Then back over to Skyline and down Kings Mountain. Despite the climb, Tunitas Creek is heavenly. You could hear the ripple of the creek below as you ride through redwoods and ferns that grow on vertical rocks. I think I only encountered 3 cars on the way up. And then there's the reward of bombing down Kings Mountain after. The only caution is that the ride from La Honda to San Gregorio can get bumpy even though it is paved. It's not Paris-Roubaix, but if you aren't careful your hands might go numb for a while.

If anyone wants to do this in the next few weeks, let me know. I'm usually up for it, but I'm sometimes fickle so it might be a last minute thing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
smw said:

Sean

This sunday oct 8th, we can decide on a start time. Mileage is around 55 miles and over 5000ft of climbing. Someone may have closer numbers then I do.

sean

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok I have now succumbed to the dark side and can no longer be a lurker from mtbr.

If the body is feeling up to it sunday I should be able to make this ride, that 4000-5000ft of climb could be killer on my ribs.

-Jeff

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jefff said:
Ok I have now succumbed to the dark side and can no longer be a lurker from mtbr.

If the body is feeling up to it sunday I should be able to make this ride, that 4000-5000ft of climb could be killer on my ribs.

-Jeff

Its really not that bad Jeff, the surrounding mask the pain.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
^SMW you look like big george in that pic.

so whats the route? i'm guessing something like Park and Ride>OLH> Skyline>84>something hill>hwy1>tunitas creek>kings mtn?

I have only ridden there once, so I am not totally familiar with other routes.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
grrrah said:
^SMW you look like big george in that pic.

so whats the route? i'm guessing something like Park and Ride>OLH> Skyline>84>something hill>hwy1>tunitas creek>kings mtn?

I have only ridden there once, so I am not totally familiar with other routes.

Look here, this is the route I was thinking about. Cept we will start at the park and ride on Page Mill, or possibly where the ride startas on the map.

Big George is even skinnier then I am, by 25lbs, but Ill take it.:p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts