Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever been here? its a local shop that I'd like to give my business too...

But with experience I've been in bike shops and have spoken to the mechanics. Explaining that they cant rebuild wheels... They'd send it a wheel builder... They don't know how to check if a frame is still inline and safe to ride on...

things like these have me skeptical on choosing the proper bike shop. even if the labor/hour is a few $$bucks$$ more.

Anyone ever been here? if not and regardless can anyone recommend a local shop that is in the greater Boston Mass area? If there is a shop in Boston itself that is A++++ (worth the horrible commute and distance) then it would be appreciated if one was recommended.

Thanks all
Tank

·
Registered
56 Posts
Disclaimer, I work there, been there about a year.
Woody (John) has raced & been in the bike industry for decades.
He is arguably the best wheelbuilder in the area (does wheel builds for other shops),
also big into vintage bike, which leads to checking frames ti see if they are straight & safe to use.
We WILL refuse to work on bikes that are not safe, or that you do not allow us to make safe, by limiting what you need done.
I'm a 'semi retired' IT professional, daughters out of college, big bills paid. I'm doing what I love. Come by for a visit & talk to us, i think you'll like what you find.

Thanks!
Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts