Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my gf got me this wool jacket/trainer/whatever thing on valentines day and I've been wearing it pretty much 24/7 since then... and it's starting to get those little fuzzy ball things all over... am I doing something wrong? is this normal? Also, it seems to pick up quite a bit of lint/pet hair... whaddo I do about that?

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
wool "maintenance"
Sounds like code mischief to me.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NUTT said:
You need to shave the wool jacket thing with a sweater shaver.
I thought about that but it's already pretty thin... I don't wanna do something that's gonna make it thinner... at least not in the long term...

·
Registered
170 Posts
MWPDX said:
I thought about that but it's already pretty thin... I don't wanna do something that's gonna make it thinner... at least not in the long term...
Pilling is going to happen with some kinds of wool fabric. You can buy sweater shavers (look like electric shavers) surprisingly cheap. I think I paid about six bucks for one I got for my wife last year. She's used it on some pretty delicate things with no noticeable damage.
As somebody else said, a lint roller will pick up most of the hair and stuff. You can also wipe it into clumps wearing a rubber glove or use a silicon potholder to roll it up, then pick it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts