Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to treat myself to a long-sleeve wool jersey for the upcoming cool season. should i get kucharik or swobo for about $30 more? please write a persuasive piece of no more than 50 words providing the basis for your recommendation including any direct experience with one or both of the subject products. tia, hth, ymmv, nttawwt, etc.

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
There's a lot of quality variation in the wool bike clothing biz, a lot more than in the plastic jersey side of the world. You really have to pay for quality. And of course, learn the right way to wash wool or it won't last long.

Kucharik is good but not the best; I'd call their quality the minimum floor for acceptable. Not to bag on them - I had some wool tights from them that lasted over a decade of winters before the crotch finally wore thru, and the legs are still going strong as legwarmers even after a number of CX crashes.

Swobo I hear is good but never owned any.

Anything Riv sells, you can be sure it's good stuff. I have a bunch of their wool stuff and it holds up great, I don't even wash it special like some of my other wool. Top notch.

Just stay away from the ubercheap stuff, you should be fine.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Storage & washing

I have a few wool bits that I like alot. I don't know the spectrum of qualities, but am carefule about 2 things... (1) They say you can machine wash... I hand wash in Ivory Snow... It feels better and certainly doesn't hurt the clothing. (2) I store my woolens in zip-lock bags. Moths like to eat wool, but not plastic.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have 6 Swobo jerseys, and 16 Icebreaker tops. I wish Icebreaker made jerseys, their stuff is top notch.

Anyway, I've had a few run-ins with moths, tho since storing woolens in Rubbermaid bins, with a bar or two of Irish Spring soap thrown in, no more moths.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.