Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not quite new any longer but it's such a sweet ride that I've been too busy riding to post pictures until now ....:D

good stuff

best fitting bike i've owned and the ride is smooth ...... :)
06 lemond zurich with ultegra 10 and race lite wheels

need to replace the race lux saddle ( YUCK )

too bad my old sele italia was bent when my scatante was stolen ....* sigh*

any sugestions would be good but i will probably get a new selle Italia

i loved the first one ...

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
Never Ridden One

laotsu42 said:
not quite new any longer but it's such a sweet ride that I've been too busy riding to post pictures until now ....:D

good stuff

06 lemond zurich with ultegra 10 and race lite wheels

need to replace the race lux saddle ( YUCK )

too bad my old sele italia was bent when my scatante was stolen ....* sigh*

any sugestions would be good but i will probably get a new selle Italia

i loved the first one ...
but would love to own one someday. I'm hoping these are some sleepers that you can pick up on ebay for cheap someday. They a few and far between as just frame sets.

Great Bike! Please post a full ride report sometime.

·
The Gimlet Eye
918 Posts
The stem police, they live inside of my head.
The stem police, they come to me in my bed.
The stem police, they’re coming to arrest me, oh no.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
covenant said:
The stem police, they live inside of my head.
The stem police, they come to me in my bed.
The stem police, they’re coming to arrest me, oh no.
a) there is a good reason they are now reversable not all of my customers or friends ride in the most aggresive position

b) i am still playing with position to figure out where it is most comfy ...

so thththththth
:p :p :)

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Think of the stem like a middle finger. It's best not kept upright.

Sweet bike. I've owned 2 Zurichs myself. Great bikes.

·
2wheeler
34 Posts
laotsu42 said:
I know what you mean! I bought my Zurich several years ago and love the way it rides. Through the years I switched from Ultegra to full Record, sold the Rolf vectors for some Kysrium SSl's, switched the headset to a CK, handlebars to Easton EC-90, the stem to a Deda newton, seat post Easton-EC-70 (I skimped) and I have the Selle Italia "flite" I am about to go to some stronglight cranks and zero gravity brakes...Lemond makes a sweet ride! I am sure you will enjoy yours for many years to come!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nice looking Lemond but...

The blue water bottle cage does not match. It is throwing off the color composition. You might be better off with yellow or the right blue.

Mike

·
2wheeler
34 Posts
mprevost said:
The blue water bottle cage does not match. It is throwing off the color composition. You might be better off with yellow or the right blue.

Mike
I TOTALLY agree and funny you should mention that! lol, I changed them to the chrome finish to match the wheel set and grouppo, looks tons better! just havent taken a recent photo.
;)

·
What the Hell is going on
4,996 Posts
My '99 Zurich

I, too, love my '99 Zurich. It's a 61 with a 60 top tube (c-t-c). Fit's me like a tour rider but I have to admit that the build quality is poor. The TIG welds look spotty, at best, and the original white and red paint job was crap (had the durability of spray can). I loved the ride so much I had it repainted and viola . . . brand new bike.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice rides ...

i wanted one of the full steel frames but didn't like the component group on the models they offered this year so tried the carbon steel and loved it ...

and thanks Lifelover, austinut and JaeP for responding without harping on the stem position ... :rolleyes: :p

i will eventually get around to posting a ride or two but i'm usually to busy riding to stop and take photos ... :)

·
2wheeler
34 Posts
laotsu42 said:
i wanted one of the full steel frames but didn't like the component group on the models they offered this year so tried the carbon steel and loved it ...

and thanks Lifelover, austinut and JaeP for responding without harping on the stem position ... :rolleyes: :p

i will eventually get around to posting a ride or two but i'm usually to busy riding to stop and take photos ... :)

That is one super sweet ride you have there!! keep us posted and enjoy the ride!!

JaeP...Is that the original grouppo? Just out of curiosity what do you have on it at this time? I like the downtube shifters! What a sweet bike!

·
What the Hell is going on
4,996 Posts
All Dura Ace (mostly)

austinut said:
That is one super sweet ride you have there!! keep us posted and enjoy the ride!!

JaeP...Is that the original grouppo? Just out of curiosity what do you have on it at this time? I like the downtube shifters! What a sweet bike!
It's not the original grouppo. It's mostly Dura Ace 7401, except the cogs, hubs and front derailleur (Ultegra). The brake levers are all black Dia Compe's. The cranks are the beautiful Dura Ace 7410. Originally they were scuffed up a bit so I hand polished them to a Campagnolo lustre. I call it my Shimanolo grouppo.

·
2wheeler
34 Posts
JaeP said:
It's not the original grouppo. It's mostly Dura Ace 7401, except the cogs, hubs and front derailleur (Ultegra). The brake levers are all black Dia Compe's. The cranks are the beautiful Dura Ace 7410. Originally they were scuffed up a bit so I hand polished them to a Campagnolo lustre. I call it my Shimanolo grouppo.

Thats SSSWWWEEEETTT!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts