Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, a year ago i did what everyone recommends against. i bought my first road bike, and i went kind of budget. i got a 2008 specialized allez, sora/tiagra mix, no name brakes, some alexrims wheels etc. should i have spent more? yes. should i have looked used? yes. but i have what i have now. '

so, the upgrades thus far... a pro-fitting, an E3 saddle, michilin krylion tires, new 105 brifters (soon), clipless pedals... so up next, wheels...

i am currently considering the neuvation m28 aero 3 wheels, which aren't particularly light but claim to be neuvations strongest (which is a consideration riding on all the crap roads i do). obviously my budget is limited, and obviously i am not going to put wheels on the bike that will resell for approx. that of the whole rig... so, any opinions on making a budget bike slightly better? i know i might get some 'get a whole new bike' comments, but i am young and poor, and it really isn't a possibility. thank you all in advance. :thumbsup:

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
Can't offer an opinion on the Neuvations, but... if you're looking for durable and relatively inexpensive, these are hard to beat:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop...tegory_ID=5320&CFID=30710599&CFTOKEN=83174023

Performance is having some sort of promotion Tuesdays from noon - 2 where you can save 10% on 'accessories' (code 555). They define accessories as any item that's not a bike, so I think wheelsets would qualify. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts