Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
For different sized chains/cogs..Most of my fixies run a 1/8" chain/cogs

The original one(black chain) is for 3/32 chain...I modified another one to use with 1/8" chains...I could use the 1/8 for either but since I had another one I kept them both
Cant you can also use two whips to remove or change cogs on a freewheel?

·
Expert Crasher
86 Posts
lanpope said:
My little dungeon:

Work space:

Bikes hanging:

More:

More bikes:

Work Bench / Parts Storage:

Wash Area:

I spend WAY too much time down there...

LP
You have a very envious collection of nice MTB frames! Moots, Indy Fab, Badger, Willits.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
843 Posts
boyd2 said:
I just finished construction on my new workshop just a few days ago. I was logging on here to get ideas for bike rack. I don't want to hang the MTB with hydraulic brakes.

I plan to have 3 seperate shops - wood, auto and bike. Right now it is conpletely empty.
I have to agree with the WOW's. That's basically what I envision too. If you do it right (multitask some things with the same fixtures, hang all bikes and other space-takers from the ceiling) you could probably do all that in there. You'll have to be a seriously orderly person - put everything away as soon as you're done with it. Have fun.

·
donuts?
8,945 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
12x16 building
Power, cable, AC, heat, 32" TV w/DVD & VHS
my shed about the same size and i was thinking of doing the same thing - even got the ok from the wife unit last summer. get a shed for the lawn crap and just use the barn for a bike shop. not sure how to store the bikes - my 2 bikes, my wife's, my two son's - they eat up a ton of space!

0 Posts
Dang, I need to get my wife to look at these ... my 6-foot-by-10-foot shop is tiny by comparison (as is, it appears, my investment in all things bicycle).

170-pounds of canine ... I bet he commands respect. A most handsome pup, he is. Good for you on the rescue.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
I get all of the garage that don't fit Stick's Camaro. :nod Right now, I have a 2'6" by 8' workbench with a full-size backstop with my tools hanging on it.

Bikes are on hooks in an alcove next to the bench on the back wall of the garage.

Once I find pics, I'll post em up. I took em, I just don't know where I saved em.

M

·
Registered
67 Posts
almost done...

I sent much of my holiday vacation dialing in my garage. I bought cabinets at OSH and built them into my existing bench. Then I put everything away... Next step is a flat screen tv, so I can get rid of the huge old 25" RCA from 1983...

·
Just one more switchback
237 Posts
This is my bike room. A nice comfy space with bikes and a beer fridge. There are three more bikes in the hallway. The Dirt Rag covers are significant because we own the original cover art of both of them.

·
Registered
950 Posts
lanpope said:
My little dungeon:

More bikes:

LP

So - looks like you still have your Peugeot and your wife's Raleigh mixte from the 70's. :thumbsup:

I still have our Motebecane Grand Jubilees in our basement. Unfortunately, I don't still have my Firestone 500 bike from the 60's that would be the equivalent of your Schwinn.

·
Registered
950 Posts
santosjep said:
I just cleaned up my workshop over the weekend and it looked good enough to take pictures. :)

Joe

That's my blue Parlee w/ the Reynolds! I've got a white saddle and gray bar tape.

Thanks for all the posts everyone!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.