Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
half-fast
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In keeping with the making things from maple theme, here is a coffee table I just finished.

It is all from one piece of spalted maple except for the 2 tapered legs, which are cherry.
Dog Comfort Wood Flooring Floor

Wood Motor vehicle Gas Flooring Machine
Wood Machine Hardwood Natural material Metal

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
so how are you cutting the slabs? Too bad you aren't located closer.

·
half-fast
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so how are you cutting the slabs? Too bad you aren't located closer.
I bought the whole log 20 plus years ago, it was already slabbed. It is only the second thing I have made for us out of it, most was converted to groceries. At the time I could barely afford it, but it turned out ok.

You would be a cool neighbor. Instead I have looneytunes on one side and old people on the other. At least the old people are quiet.

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
That is lovely.

Maybe you, T0G and I should form an old guy commune and pool our power tools!

In my workshop news, a friend lost her husband last year (long term cancer), and out of the blue decided that since I work with Habitat (and my lovely wife is active in the community) that I should inherit her late husband's tools.Let's just say they are tools that I could not afford to buy on my own--and there are a lot of them!

So this was like having the fire lit under me to actually spend some time setting up my workshop. And I have been divesting the tools that I no longer need, some went to our local Habitat, and trying to figure out what I can actually fit into my tiny one car garage/workshop. I'll post some pics when I get more organized but I actually may be able to spark took envy!

·
half-fast
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is lovely.

Maybe you, T0G and I should form an old guy commune and pool our power tools!

In my workshop news, a friend lost her husband last year (long term cancer), and out of the blue decided that since I work with Habitat (and my lovely wife is active in the community) that I should inherit her late husband's tools.Let's just say they are tools that I could not afford to buy on my own--and there are a lot of them!

So this was like having the fire lit under me to actually spend some time setting up my workshop. And I have been divesting the tools that I no longer need, some went to our local Habitat, and trying to figure out what I can actually fit into my tiny one car garage/workshop. I'll post some pics when I get more organized but I actually me be able to spark took envy!
It snows too much where he lives.

Now you owe us some shop pix.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
I bought the whole log 20 plus years ago, it was already slabbed. It is only the second thing I have made for us out of it, most was converted to groceries. At the time I could barely afford it, but it turned out ok.

You would be a cool neighbor. Instead I have looneytunes on one side and old people on the other. At least the old people are quiet.
Uh.... I'm old..... And not quiet

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
I am almost 69!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Where does the time go?
beats the hell out of me, I don't remember what I was looking for after spending 10 minutes looking for it.....and I JUST had it in my hand!

what were we talking about?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
although I di ride 50 the other day...... because I forgot I had to ride back home before I flipped to head back! Doh.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts