Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LA CHEVRE
2,475 Posts
Well, it's later in the season, most riders are in better shape than in February. When ToC was in February, Levi was the only one trying to peak while most others were still in their base training IMO.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
55x11 said:
and he will lose ToC as well. I thought Cancellara losing the time trial is more significant. Or Tony Martin beating all favorites.

Agreed. Weird after his earlier performances this season, including the cobbles.

This wasn't a "TT friendly" course imho either, so would've expected Cancellara to put in a better showing. Someone stated he was feeling pretty rough after yesterday's stage.

Also iirc, Levi and Zabriskie were pretty close in last year's ToC TT results, as is the case this year. What may have been the deciding factor is that due to road conditions and course, he may not have been able to bury his head as much as he usually seems to.

Speaking of the course, my good Lord, that was an unattractive venue. Sorry downtown LA but...blech!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
desmo13 said:
i also dint like no split times to watch, not knowing until the 1 lap mark and the finish.
The lack of professionalisim in the TT broadcast goes along with the rest of the VS-based TOC programming....poor stuff....especially with the Giro going on simultaneously on line and being able to compare the two presentations...

While I enjoy the commentary from VS guys...the rest of the stuff kinda sucks. Yah yah, better than nothing...but come on... I think some of the You Tube gang could even improve on what VS has been doing through out the whole TOC...

It does look like it musta been an interesting race, but what I saw on TV didn't show many of the crucial moves or deciding events...

·
Registered
487 Posts
DZ was so disappointed with third place, on the podium he looked like he just heard his mom died.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.