Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can download some clips of the world's course from their website at http://www.wkveldrijden2006.nl/html/EN/promo.asp

Both the promo and course clips show the course.

Couple of clips show the "teacherous" descent from the windmill which I believe leads to the long stair run up at the bottom. Looks to be a good mix of flat power stuff and hills and technical turns and descents.

Also, UCI website lists TV coverage.
Beelinetv.com has links to a bunch of international channels. Might be able to catch worlds live on the Czech TV station, the RAI sport channel is another possibility (I've watched road racing on that channel in the past) but recently it seems to just always have some short sports news clip and not link to the actual RAI channel.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
You can download some clips of the world's course from their website at http://www.wkveldrijden2006.nl/html/EN/promo.asp

Both the promo and course clips show the course.

Couple of clips show the "teacherous" descent from the windmill which I believe leads to the long stair run up at the bottom. Looks to be a good mix of flat power stuff and hills and technical turns and descents.

Also, UCI website lists TV coverage.
Beelinetv.com has links to a bunch of international channels. Might be able to catch worlds live on the Czech TV station, the RAI sport channel is another possibility (I've watched road racing on that channel in the past) but recently it seems to just always have some short sports news clip and not link to the actual RAI channel.
they also listed http://www.wcsn.com/index.jsp

as the america "station" to have live coverage, but i couldnt find it on their website.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
Me too. I remember seeing a link to that TV channel before, maybe in the context of signing the rights to a bunch of stuff OLN is no longer interested in.
Well, hopefully, we can find it there, cause it would pretty depressing if they had the world rhymic gymnastics championships, but not cross. That might just drive me over the edge.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jeremyb said:
i dont understand. are they going to have a live internet feed?
The link from Beelinetv.com to RAI sports used to show whatever was on their satellite schedule but I'm not sure that it does anymore. Seems like everytime I check it these days there is a short sports news recap type show that runs rather than full length programming. Try it and the Czech link at the appropriate time and maybe we'll get lucky.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The -23 are live on TV now. Track is frozen solid. Hardly any ice, mostly just frosen sand tracks and grass. Way fast. Swapping a bike costs time;. Boom just did it to get softer tubulars.
Albert had a long solo, Stybar and Boom are joining him.
7:14 laptime somewhere halfway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Boom has already rounded a 7:06, but now the three of them lapped 7:42. At the finishline, 2 laps to go, Stybar attacks and leads the way, the lowlanders never off his wheel.

·
Roadies Rejoice
975 Posts
Cloxxki said:
Boom has already rounded a 7:06, but now the three of them lapped 7:42. At the finishline, 2 laps to go, Stybar attacks and leads the way, the lowlanders never off his wheel.
Where? Beeline RAI? Please help Cloxxki, you're my only hope

·
Registered
86 Posts
Stybar wins it. Had 10m going into the last corner, Boom never quite closed it. Albert 3rd.

I'm totally impressed by the Zimbabwan riders. As they were laped through the last 2 laps, really they weren't that slow. I've done a few big Euro crosses myself, and can't guarantee that in top-shape I'd manage to stay unlapped, even with the leaders lapping 7:06-7:42 on average.

At one point Boom had 2.5 secs advantage, and the Zimbabwan that was caught in the middle really had a lot of time before he had to wave by the next two. I know what life is like being lapped by world class pro's, and again, I'm impressed. In Dutch National crosses where the pro's stay away, the best of them might be ready for top-10 or so. Typical national race winners were at half a lap in the race...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry, I have a couple Belgian channels on cable here. Canvas/Sporza is what I've got on.

Someone persuaded me to go to Zeddam tomorrow. Check out the chicks.

Belgian commentators are whining all over the place about the African guys influencing the race at the lead. I think it was not too bad, some might have given more room, but Albert was not ready to win anyway, IMO.
This week was the first I heard about the Zimbabwe cross racers, I thought they were a joke, but if they are, so certainly am I, at the best of my shape.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I missed the start. Replay show a mass crash into the first corners. An American rider folded up his front wheel clean. No bending, just snapping. He walked to the first pit and persued the rest of the race.

·
Roadies Rejoice
975 Posts
Cloxxki said:
Stybar wins it. Had 10m going into the last corner, Boom never quite closed it. Albert 3rd.

I'm totally impressed by the Zimbabwan riders. As they were laped through the last 2 laps, really they weren't that slow. I've done a few big Euro crosses myself, and can't guarantee that in top-shape I'd manage to stay unlapped, even with the leaders lapping 7:06-7:42 on average.

At one point Boom had 2.5 secs advantage, and the Zimbabwan that was caught in the middle really had a lot of time before he had to wave by the next two. I know what life is like being lapped by world class pro's, and again, I'm impressed. In Dutch National crosses where the pro's stay away, the best of them might be ready for top-10 or so. Typical national race winners were at half a lap in the race...
Thanks, unfortunatly I couldn't find that on Beeline. I'll try rai tomorrow.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Stybar won on a slow puncture! Possibly it happened on the last dirt road, littered with stones, where he did manage to get that gap to Boom that was just enough on the line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts