Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
I already thanked him

I actually just checked his sight and am downloading the race. I also shot him a e-mail thanking him. If I read this thread earlier then I would have thanked him from all.

Derf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derf said:
I actually just checked his sight and am downloading the race. I also shot him a e-mail thanking him. If I read this thread earlier then I would have thanked him from all.

Derf
Right on! If you hear back from him find out where we can send the beer. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
Nice.

EdRaket is in the process of posting all of the races in the newsgroups (alt.binaries.multimedia.sports). Double the bitrate, and easier to download if you have a news provider. All are upped, except for the women which is finishing up.

Ed, you're a roack star!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Easy Way to Make a DVD? Help

I have downloaded the race (thanks NathanSpear). Is there an easy way to burn it so I can watch it on my basement dvd player while I train? Thanks in advance.

David K
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
DavidK said:
I have downloaded the race (thanks NathanSpear). Is there an easy way to burn it so I can watch it on my basement dvd player while I train? Thanks in advance.

David K
My CD R/W player came with software to burn videos in VCD or SVCD format (Ahead Nero software). It does the necessary conversion of MPEG and some other formats to VCD/SVCD format, and allows for creating a menu with thumbnail pics and customized text.

Many DVD players made in the last couple years support VCD format. SVCD support is a little less common. There is a website that itemizes support for VCD, SVCD and other capabilities for just about any DVD player out there. I forget the link, but you can find it by googling "VCD format". There is a VCD FAQ that has a direct link to this website.

I've burned CDs of Ed's cyclocross videos so that I can play them on TV while I ride the rollers. I've given some out to friends too. VCD format can also be played on a computer by Windows Media Player (I know versions 9 & 10 work) and the Linux Xine media player. The quality of the video isn't near as good as DVD, but the upside is that it takes less space. I can fit an hour long cyclocross race on a single CD with a little bit of room to spare.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
53 Posts
cycloscott said:
EdRaket is in the process of posting all of the races in the newsgroups (alt.binaries.multimedia.sports). Double the bitrate, and easier to download if you have a news provider. All are upped, except for the women which is finishing up.

Ed, you're a roack star!!!
Cheers. (roach star, eh?! ;) )
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top