Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Still On Steel
2,391 Posts
At least one thumb up.

I dunno know about worst EVER, but yeah, that one's definitely gonna be on the short list for a lot of people.

For me it's "Free Bird" (and at 53, I'm straight out the so-called Classic Rock era). Absolutely cannot STAND that friggin' song. Colossal waste of studio time and magnetic tape.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
There were lots of really bad AM radio songs from the 70s that will beat Honey, including Billy Don't Be a Hero and Kung Fu Fighting. Personally, I'd put any song done by the Moody Blues ahead of the Goldsboro song.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I don't know that song.

IMO, the worst song ever was a song that was really popular when I was in high school. That would be 1992ish? I can't remember the name of the song, many of the lyrics, or the name of the group... but I clearly remember the video and the song. It starts of with some acoustic guitar slapping chords and then this guy starts singing in falsetto. Something about "baby you've got to let me know" and something about proving her love to him or something. God, it was awful.

I heard it on the radio last week and I simultaneously groaned and shuddered. I could taste vomit. It was horrible...

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
I'd go Wham Rap '86 for worst song of my lifetime. Andrew Ridgley held George Michael back for years.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Oh yeah, what about that "Blue Jeans" song from the 70s? I think it was originally from a TV ad in Britain. Those nutty Brits enjoyed it so much someone had the great idea to turn it into a single. Beh!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Faith, by George Michael?

That song kicks ass.
Hmm, no... that's not it at all. That's not an acoustic, is it? It's been a while since I've heard it.

This one was by a group of 4 guys and the lead singer (I clearly remember, I'm not sure why) had long brown hair and a space between his two front teeth.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Howzitbroke said:
Meatloaf. I Would Do Anything for Love...
that was bad...I always wanted to strangle him and find out what that thing he wouldn't do actually was...he never says, but he complains about it for the whole song. .

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sianne said:
I don't know that song.

IMO, the worst song ever was a song that was really popular when I was in high school. That would be 1992ish? I can't remember the name of the song, many of the lyrics, or the name of the group... but I clearly remember the video and the song. It starts of with some acoustic guitar slapping chords and then this guy starts singing in falsetto. Something about "baby you've got to let me know" and something about proving her love to him or something. God, it was awful.

I heard it on the radio last week and I simultaneously groaned and shuddered. I could taste vomit. It was horrible...
Are you talking about Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meatloaf?

// I gotta know right now..do ya love me, will ya love me forever, do ya need me, will ya never leave me....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Are you talking about Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meatloaf?

// I gotta know right now..do ya love me, will ya love me forever, do ya need me, will ya never leave me....
AHA! No, I found it.

"More Than Words" by Extreme.

I googled popular songs in 1991 and came up with a Wikipedia entry and there it was, in all of it's horrible glory.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
"Honey" was definitely not the worst...it isn't even possible to single out any individual song. There's simply too much bad music out there. I'd have to agree with the comment to the effect that the 80s were the source of more hideous songs than any other decade, although the 70s must be a close second. Oh, to be able to retroactively erase all disco, all Journey, all Bachman Turner Overweight, all Kansas, all J. Starship, whoever did "Captain of her Heart", ditto for the putz that did "Chevy Van", Milli Vanilli....ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH! ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Walrus said:
ditto for the putz that did "Chevy Van", Milli Vanilli....ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH! ! ! ! ! ! !
That one is worthy of a lyrics post....BAD, BAD, BAD

Artist/Band: Kershaw Sammy
Lyrics for Song: Chevy Van
Lyrics for Album: Politics, Religion And Her

I gave a girl a ride in my wagon
Now she crawled in and took control
She was tired as her mind was draggin'
And I said get some sleep--we'll get on down the road

Like a picture she was laying there
And moonlight dancing off her hair
She woke up and took me by the hand
She's gonna love me in my Chevy van
And that's all right with me

Her young face was like that of an angel
And her long legs were tanned and brown
Better keep your eyes on the road son
Better slow this vehicle down 'cause

'Cause like a picture she was laying there
She's gonna love me in my Chevy van

I put her out in a town that was so small
You could throw a rock from end to end
A dirt road main street, she walked off in her barefeet
And it's a shame I won't be passin' through again

Like a picture she was laying there
We made love me in my Chevy van

Yeah like a picture she was laying there
We made love me in my Chevy van

All right with me

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
that was bad...I always wanted to strangle him and find out what that thing he wouldn't do actually was...he never says, but he complains about it for the whole song. .
He means that he won't bend and take it... uh, never mind.

But that's what he means, of course.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
1 - 20 of 79 Posts