Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
You guys can't make fun of him if it was on purpose.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
stevesbike said:
After the best victory salute ever, seems fitting to nominate this as the worst victory salute ever - doing the superman across the finish line...(http://www.velonews.com/article/77753)
I think the RR guys pushed him. Just look at how hard they are trying to run over him. :) TF

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
That totally sucks.

If I wasn't at work, I'd link to the video of the guy doing a premature celebration and wrecking shy of the line. (and having the 2nd place rider come by for the win).

·
What offseason?
534 Posts
It would appear that there was another crash before the line (a bit farther back on the right side of the photo.)

Ouch is definitely right.

And poor Freddie - nothing he can do but slam on his brakes and hope the guy slides out of his way.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
"Safe!" - Race umpire.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
jains89 said:
I know that guy and he is not a bad bike handler, in fact I think this is one of the first times he's ever gone down in a race.
I totally believe it. Because from now on the dude is wearing GLOVES!

G

·
I've tried calling him a few times, but he's not answering, not surprisingly. Probably getting a few call/emails right now considering his face, or what's going to be left of it is plastered all over the internet, and not in the most flattering manner either.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Bianco said:
whats his side of the story? from the vid looks like maybe his front wheel locked up.
Is our kids learning, indeed.

From the VN article: “I felt Bahati coming up on my left and threw my bike as hard as I could,” Barlevav said. “Being such a humid day, my hands just slipped off the bars. I guess I should have been wearing gloves.”

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
Shoulda used cork.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.