Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Looks like a 2008 model.

I'd say no, but that's partly based off the fact I got a 5 year old (at the time) TCR C2 with Ultegra for that price. Maybe $750 would make more sense to me.

$900 is that fine line where you might as well suck up to saving a bit more for a new bike with 105, Apex or even 10 speed Tiagra imo.

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
Use this site to calculate the value of any used bike. Leave the upgrade options blank. This will give you a good idea if the asking price is right or not.

Used Bicycle Value Calculator

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Use this site to calculate the value of any used bike. Leave the upgrade options blank. This will give you a good idea if the asking price is right or not.

Used Bicycle Value Calculator
Dang, I was pretty close.

2008 Giant in perhaps "good condition" that retailed for ~$1,800...they "calculated" that it'd be worth $760 to a bike shop, $774 if private.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks way too high. I agree with Ventruck. In looking at items, the 1 1/8 headset is dated for a bike at that price point and you may be able to get the seller to drop the price.

It's a good bike to get into the game with but I question if you would want to make long term commitments to upgrades.

·
Registered
964 Posts
It wouldn't be way high around here (SoCal.) I just sold a 2005 Giant OCR C3 with 9 speed 105 components for $740 a week ago. That 2008 model looks a lot like the newer bikes (i.e., not dated) so I'd say it's worth $800. If you can score it for less than that even better. Around here it's almost impossible to find a full carbon fiber frame with at least Apex/105 for under $700 used.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Looks way too high. I agree with Ventruck. In looking at items, the 1 1/8 headset is dated for a bike at that price point and you may be able to get the seller to drop the price.

It's a good bike to get into the game with but I question if you would want to make long term commitments to upgrades.
I wouldn't say 1-1/8 headsets are "outdated" just yet, especially integrated ones. Headset companies are still transitioning to tapered packages and bike companies are being funny with trying new sizes.

I'm thinking 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 will be like BB30, lasting strong but not enough to erase current standard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.