Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put a Specialized Toupe Seat on my Cannondale R4000. I just wore out my SLR Seat and am looking to replace it with the same seat on my Specialized S- Works .

Would I be looked down apon for cross branding??

I mean, I really don't care what people think, but...I don't want my bike to be offended. It is very sensitive and rides faster when it is in a good mood.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
cross branding won't hurt it's feelings.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
TS2213 said:
I mean, I really don't care what people think, but...I don't want my bike to be offended. It is very sensitive and rides faster when it is in a good mood.
That's just your imagination. Cannondales don't have feelings. Only Colnagos and Peugeots get huffy (so to speak) when you dress them in the wrong bits.

·
The Cube
1,113 Posts
JCavilia said:
That's just your imagination. Cannondales don't have feelings. Only Colnagos and Peugeots get huffy (so to speak) when you dress them in the wrong bits.
I don't think Huffy parts should go on any of those bikes or on any bike for someone older than 10.

to the original post, all bikes are a combo of components and brands, so replacing one with another won't be make the bike any less homologous, because it never was in the first place. use what works for you, and if you and your bike are a good team, your bike will respond by being happy and fast for you.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Peanya said:
Seats are the exception to the rule. It's not like you're mixing Campy and SRAM.
Hey! Dont' knock Srampy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.