Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought one over the 'net, sight unseen. Don't need a Euro 6, rather, a Euro 5 or 4 would be better. What's the best way to shrink one, one-two sizes? I have tried using the dryer, low-heat. Should I opt for high-heat, and longer?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've been trying to shrink an XL USPS Nike jersey (the grey one) that I picked up dirt cheap for a year now with no luck. Warm wash - high heat dry, hot wash - high heat dry, nothing. I had a pretty good idea going in that it wouldn't shrink and it's wearable so I live with it. I'd love to know if someone has found something, but I think the material is designed not to shrink.

Dave

·
Registered
277 Posts
it's made of a synthetic fabric - think about that - it doesn't shrink. If you're really into a jumbo sized jersey, take it to a taylor, drop $20, and see if they can make it fit better.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Most synthetics won't shrink. Now, wool. OTOH...

ashpelham said:
Bought one over the 'net, sight unseen. Don't need a Euro 6, rather, a Euro 5 or 4 would be better. What's the best way to shrink one, one-two sizes? I have tried using the dryer, low-heat. Should I opt for high-heat, and longer?
Generally, plastic jerseys won't shrink enough to matter. On the other hand, I washed my Rivendell Wooly Warm exactly according to instructions, and now it fits my cat.
Taking it in may be a pretty simple job, though, depending on how finicky you are. Any tailor with marginal skills and no pride could run a row of stitches up each side to narrow it down (that's not the right way, but it's a quick way).

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
ashpelham said:
flip it on ebay and be done with it. no way in h€ll you'll ever get it a size smaller, let alone 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts