Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just at the movies. Saw a matinee of "The Libertine". When I bought the ticket the girl at the counter asks me, "would that be a senior, ma'am?"

Well, that made my day. :mad: :eek: :eek: I would have preferred it if she had carded me. :rolleyes:

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
I'd have beat her up......that's close to calling someone Ma'am.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
il sogno said:
So I was just at the movies. Saw a matinee of "The Libertine". When I bought the ticket the girl at the counter asks me, "would that be a senior, ma'am?"

Well, that made my day. :mad: :eek: :eek: I would have preferred it if she had carded me. :rolleyes:
take the discount and suck it up..... ;)

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
il sogno said:

some folks are raised to call everyone ma'am or sir as a sign of respect. i was (nttawwt).

as for your senior-ness, not. :rolleyes:

as for the discount, i would have taken it.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
some folks are raised to call everyone ma'am or sir as a sign of respect. i was (nttawwt).

My 4 year old was going around for a while saying "yes sir!" to everyone. Had to tell him that saying that to a woman was insulting.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
My 4 year old was going around for a while saying "yes sir!" to everyone. Had to tell him that saying that to a woman was insulting.
my 5 year old says "mister daddy" and answers "yes ma'am" to me.

this is nothing i've taught him. it's too old skool IMHO.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
what is the opposite of getting carded?

i'm 35 and love it when I get carded.

something tells me you didn't take the discount...
heck, i rarely get carded. never did when i was 17/18! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haiku d'etat said:

I couldn't think fast enough to take the discount. I guess my brain needs a ...

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
Were you wearing a T-Shirt that said..........Depends .....?

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Heck, to a 16 year old anyone over 25 is ancient history. Thanks to my graying hair the youngsters think I'm twice my age. I guess I need a cane.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Ridgetop said:
Heck, to a 16 year old anyone over 25 is ancient history. Thanks to my graying hair the youngsters think I'm twice my age. I guess I need a cane.
Teh J's wears a shorn scalp and a long goatee, i mean it's gettin' LONG, the guy at work said (this week) i might start tripping on it when i walk. and it's got a full stripe of gray going down the right-middle. guess the earrings and sh*t throw off the fellers at shoney's when i ASK for the senior discount. ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
what is the opposite of getting carded?

i'm 35 and love it when I get carded.

something tells me you didn't take the discount...
I got carded about 6 months ago. Made my day! :)

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I notice at fast-food places I'm given the senior discount about half the time, without asking or being asked. I mean, I know I look like crud, but they could at least give me the benefit of the doubt. Better believe I take the discount, if they're gonna insult me like that....

Jeez, what theater was that? One o' them Westside, tanning parlor liberal art houses like the NuWilshire or the Nuart? I think I'll have to wiggle over and see if I can a cheap ticket.

·
nothing
120 Posts
Getting hit up for the senior discount seems insulting now, but have you ever noticed that real seniors are proud of the discount. The old guys around here wont eat anywhere that doesn't give 'em a deal, even if it's only a quarter off.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,285 Posts
Speaking for Sogno, it was the Laemmle in Encino.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
eagleson520 said:
Getting hit up for the senior discount seems insulting now, but have you ever noticed that real seniors are proud of the discount. The old guys around here wont eat anywhere that doesn't give 'em a deal, even if it's only a quarter off.
it's generational, not age-related, methinks. my pop is a big penny-pincher. tho he's loaded as crap. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.