Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 2007 Zipp 404 Pave tubulars 32f/32r with black King Classic hubs and black DT aerolite spokes. I know that they are way overbuilt for road racing, but I was wondering if they would be a good choice as a cross wheel? Race only or general riding? After a near death experience riding this weekend, I am either going to sell them or move them over to a cross bike. They have like 150 miles on them, I could hopefully get a decent price or have a ton of miles left in them. Opinions?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surely somebody has something to say...

Forgot to mention that these are laced 2x front and back. I **think** that they would be great wheels for cross, but I don't want to market them as such if they aren't really ideal for cross racing and riding. Pricing is tough too because I just never see anything like them on ebay. Prolly good/durable enough to slap on a cross bike for general purpose riding on a bike path or in bad weather?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.