Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Alien Musician
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(1) get up at 5 a.m.
(2) out the door by 0530 in the car heading to server deployment.
(3) get to the location by 0605.
(4) cardkey to get in the door doesn't work?
(5) try 3 other doors with same door swiper key - no joy.
(6) try my other cardkeys and fob swipers - no joy.
(7) boss (half asleep) - "I guess we reschedule for next week....."
(8) UGH.

Drove to my regular office 20-some miles away after this debacle.

I'm leaving work at 3 today. That is all.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Salary or hourly? If salary, extra comp for the early morning? If yes or hourly, woo hoo. If no, take your red stapler with you as you burn the building down

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Similar situation happened to me a while back. Went to replace a printer at one of our offices on a Sunday. Got there and my key for that office would not unlock the door. Found out on Monday that maintenance had changed the locks on Saturday and not notified anyone other than the office manager.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Yes I would. I would also probably just go home. If I had to I might take a sick day. This would not be a conversation with the boss. Those never end well.

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
I've gone to work and they have said things like "you're leaving for Mexico tomorrow, you're stay will be a week."
Thanks for the notice.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
I have had so many of thee over the years I have lost count. It is probably the single most irritating thing to me in this business. As a contract service provider for many years this was a common occurrence. It did not make the customers happy when they got billed for my time on site. Let's just say we did not have very many repeat performances after they got the bill.

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
nOOky said:
I've gone to work and they have said things like "you're leaving for Mexico tomorrow, you're stay will be a week."
Thanks for the notice.

...now go book a last minute plane ticket on your own credit card. you'll get reimbursed in two weeks"

i don't miss those days. especially now with wife and kid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts