Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only on a TT bike..

Orbea_Carbon_Force said:
I need some help here. I weight 131lb. I am getting mixed information was to why I should or shouldn't race with a 19mm tire. Just the front wheel though since I just got a nice 2006 Hed Stinger 60 front wheel. I am talking about tubular tire like the Conti Podium. I think I should have ordered the Sprinter instead.

going really fast in a straight line. 19mm tires are small and have been diagnosed with a bad case of the 'pinch flats' around corners in some regards. just my own $0.02.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I need some help here. I weight 131lb. I am getting mixed information was to why I should or shouldn't race with a 19mm tire. Just the front wheel though since I just got a nice 2006 Hed Stinger 60 front wheel. I am talking about tubular tire like the Conti Podium. I think I should have ordered the Sprinter instead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Orbea_Carbon_Force said:
Can you really pinch flat a tubular tire???
What type of racing? Generally I'd say 19mm tires are not wise unless you're a time trialist. But, given your weight and the fact it's a tubular, you could be OK with it. I'd prefer to have more rubber on the asphalt in a crit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts