Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
8,103 Posts
The polls on here make me laugh.

I wouldn't mind riding with a doper. In fact, I think I could ride all day with a suspected doper without ever asking or caring to ask if they doped. That's a casual ride. As a racer, I'd hate to lose against a soper while riding until my eyeballs rolled back in my head. I'd feel like they stole from me if they cheated to win the t-shirt at the local overpriced 84mi road race.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
It would make no difference to me if they doped or not. I would sign up for an event because I wanted to do it.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,299 Posts
I'm in the movie business. I ride with celebrity dopers all the time.

Reactions: jpdigital

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
If it was a 2000+ rider event, I wouldn't really be riding "with" a doper. I guess it would depend on the event and the worthiness of the cause behind it. Legitimate charity rides, hell, I couldn't care less about who else was in it. If the doper brings more riders into it, and helps raise more money for the cause, I'd consider it part of his penance.

·
Make America grope again
4,754 Posts
I guess it would depend on the doper and circumstances.
If I was doing a race or charity ride - say the PanMass Challenge, I wouldn't drop out if a celebrity doper signed up.

If I bumped into the doper, I'd mostly just ignore them. But I just ignore celebrities in general - I mean, John Malcovitch doesn't need me interrupting his dinner to tell him how funny he was in Burn After Reading, or what have you.

But I wouldn't go on a ride organized by a doper.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
That's a creepy pic of Landis....

What the heck was HE thinking when he trounced all the Tour riders while pouring "T" over his head every 5 minutes?

Would I go on an organized ride with one?....no, organized rides are pretty strange anyhow...

·
Daniel007
21 Posts
Sorry to dissapoint you my friend but i sincerelly don't care...........and I don't understand this fascination that people have lately with the concept of ''celebrity''.......... don't get me wrong I do appreciate succesfull performances in art, sport and other venues........:) but what we call ''celebrity''............I couldn't care less about their status or even more their opinions.....

My 2 cents !

·
Master debator.
8,817 Posts
Some of my real friends are dopers, crackheads, weed junkies, alcoholics, and general moroens why wouldn't I want to ride with a famous doper?

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Depends on the ride, though I likely would say no to Landis. I rode with him on an organized ride during his "Floyd Fairness campaign." He smiled and basically lied to my face so that would be a no go more than likely regardless of the charity the GF was supporting.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Ride with one? Sure.

Pay to ride with one? Uh, no.

·
Noob
107 Posts
As a racer, I'd hate to lose against a doper while riding until my eyeballs rolled back in my head. I'd feel like they stole from me if they cheated to win the t-shirt at the local overpriced 84mi road race.

Hate to break it to you but there are most certainly "dopers" in your local road races.

Good money that you've been beat by a few, and also dropped a few along the way.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
There certainly dopers in our local racing scene but the question was about celebrity dopers.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.