Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Would you trust this ebayer? ebikestop in Colorado...

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Geet 
#1 ·
Would you trust this ebayer? http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=bikestopsales&iid=300000145478

They have some really good prices on a fork that ive been wanting, but then I looked at their feedback and they have had 24 negatives in the past 6 months----but then again they have had 5177 auctions as well. So technically, thats a really low percentage. A 99.5% pos feedback in the last 6 months.

another thing thats weird is their feedback is like from the same person over and over and over again.

doesnt really seem legit....

but it seems they own a bike shop in Colorado...anyone here know this shop?

Thanks
jeremy

#2 ·
jeremyb said:
Would you trust this ebayer? http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=bikestopsales&iid=300000145478

They have some really good prices on a fork that ive been wanting, but then I looked at their feedback and they have had 24 negatives in the past 6 months----but then again they have had 5177 auctions as well. So technically, thats a really low percentage. A 99.5% pos feedback in the last 6 months.

another thing thats weird is their feedback is like from the same person over and over and over again.

doesnt really seem legit....

but it seems they own a bike shop in Colorado...anyone here know this shop?

Thanks
jeremy

I've bought multiple items from a single eBayer either to combine shipping or because they provided good service in the past. The Positive Feedback percentage is only per unique user so no matter how many times a buyer enters positive feedback, only the first time counts towards the percentage.

Members who left a positive: 10240 (does not include multiple feedback from the same person)
Members who left a negative: 57

Only a .6% customer dissatisfaction (57/10240) - not bad at all. Thats about 1 in 180 people.

I would go for it.

#3 ·
Been there done that

I bought through their website, not Ebay. They were a little slow, but you can't beat the price. My guess is that they don't stock the items, but order them as they are sold. That may explain the slow shipping. If you've got the time, go ahead and use them.

#5 ·
ravenmore said:
yeah - with that many feedbacks they're legit. I see a couple things I'd like to get as a matter of fact.
Hi Raven. What these are doing is pretty smart. They don't stock much. They have fast service of supply. They take orders, order from the distributors daily or every other day and can have lower prices as a result. I've been thinking about doing the same thing myself. It has proven to be very effective in another industry. The more overhead and risk you can remove from business, the lower the prices can be.

#7 ·
fmw said:
Hi Raven. What these are doing is pretty smart. They don't stock much. They have fast service of supply. They take orders, order from the distributors daily or every other day and can have lower prices as a result. I've been thinking about doing the same thing myself. It has proven to be very effective in another industry. The more overhead and risk you can remove from business, the lower the prices can be.
My dad has a clothing biz that relies on vendors in-stock programs for some items, but you have to stock SOME of the stuff...a biz will never survive if you rely on a vendor to fulfill orders or ship quickly for items that you sell a lot of. It gets really confusing remembering what was ordered and when it was supposed to ship or drop ship and then the vendors rarely get stuff to you when you expect it or need it. Not a good business model unless you plan on staying really small and don't mind pissing off people sometimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.