Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbsup:

Due to my job(donut eater/pig/cop) I get to the see the very worst of people on a daily basis in not so great neighborhoods. Thankfully it's only 10 hours a day for 4 days a week.

While on one of my days off this past Thursday, I was out for a leisurely 20 miler when my rear tire went flat. I think it was about 105 degrees here in Roseville. I, like a moron, didn't bring anything with me but water, food, cell phone, money and ID. Yes, my wife let me know how stupid that was.....

While walking my bike down the road a guy pulls up, offers me a ride and offers to take me to the lbs (Spin City) or home. I opt for home and he takes me 9 miles out of his way. He was a roadie as well and even suggested a few good routes.

I am just posting this because I, for one, was alittle shocked and two, it was a pretty darn nice thing to do.

·
Registered
434 Posts
A week ago my wife crashed her road bike going over the handlebars. A registered nurse driving by stopped and took her to the emergency room. My wife is doing okay just some scrapes and bruises. There are some good samaritans out there, and too often we here about the bad people. I am quite grateful to this person.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.