Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new bike including FSA K-Wing Carbon Bars. The bars came without the bar tape installed. Does anyone have any tips for taping these particular bars? I only want the tape to cover from the hoods down. I'd appreciate tips on where to start, and what pattern to follow. Thanks.

· Registered
28 Posts
There seem to be lots of different opinions on taping these, and on where to end the tape. I just wrapped from the handlebar ends up and taped them just inside the levers.

Then your fingers can grip those nice grooves in the underside of the carbon

· Registered
1,149 Posts
Mine are wrapped like KingofBeers is, stopping just past the hoods a bit. As always, start at the end of the bars and go up. The windings are reversed for the left and right sides, with the winding direction going to the inside for both.

· Banned
662 Posts
wasfast said:
The windings are reversed for the left and right sides, with the winding direction going to the inside for both.
This seems confusing to me. Why not just say wind the tape on both sides so that when
on the bike and holding the bars at the top, rotating your wrists downward toward you,
the tape follows this direction on either side.
Then the tape will not unravel due to normal bike handling.

· iedereen op de fiets
675 Posts
Kingofbeers said:
There seem to be lots of different opinions on taping these, and on where to end the tape. I just wrapped from the handlebar ends up and taped them just inside the levers.

Then your fingers can grip those nice grooves in the underside of the carbon
Man, I thought that was a boob in the first picture!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.