Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I haven't used the Speed V but have a 10+ year old SSTk on my commuter and a Rocket V on my MTB. Wifey uses Speed She saddles on her road bike and MTB.

We absolutely love them.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
I've used WTB saddles for a few years, and like them very much. I don't currently have a Speed V Comp, but I've used them before and they were very comfy. Unfortunately the cover cracked and ripped in the love channel front to back. I wouldn't buy another one, although they were one of the most comfortable saddles I've ever used.

Currently I have WTB Rocket V Pro SE Saddles on all my bikes. Same shape, just as comfy, but wears much, much better.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I used the wtb speed v comp for 8 years. I have tried several others but this fit me the best. I have logged 8 hours plus non stop on this saddle with no issues. I curently have it on all my bikes including road. If weight isn't an issue give it a shot.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Road starts with an "R", and mountain starts with an "M". As far as I can see, that's really the only difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a WTB Laser in synthetic and it's comfortable. Has anyone compared synthetic to leather ? I am curious if it's worth the extra money for leather.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
djrpok said:
I have a WTB Laser in synthetic and it's comfortable. Has anyone compared synthetic to leather ? I am curious if it's worth the extra money for leather.
I've had leather, synthetic, and Kevlar seats in the past. I think it's much more about what fits you the best than the material it's made from. That being said, I think the Kevlar seats were my least favorite. There's a couple of seasons for that. One is I found it was hard to slide around when I needed to. Moving back, moving to the rivet, or sideways to eliminate pressure isn't easy. The other reason is embroidery. The seat had designs sewed into the cover. These came up far enough to chafe the insides of my thighs.

I can't tell the difference between leather and synthetic, it's a coin toss for me. I'd have to say that I personally wouldn't pay more for leather. I haven't had a leather seat for at least a decade, and haven't missed it. I also think that synthetic seats are easier to care for because, well, they don't need any care. You can clean them with practically anything and it's unlikely to damage them.

To those who are about ready to write in to extol the virtues of Brooks and other leather seats, remember that we're talking about WTBs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts