Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow, somewhere this stupid sweatshirt is hiding... mocking me and its pissing me off. The wife is out of town, the kids are going crazy. I crashed my bike this am due to a sudden and inexplicable carbon stem failure... which decided to happen on the second of ten interval work sessions. I just wish it would have happened on the latter half. Ugh.

Anyway. My wife asked me to look for this grey sweatshirt that she wore the day before yesterday because there is a paper in the front pocket that she needs the number off of. However.... I swear to you that this sweatshirt has vaporized and Im looking to you loungers for any tidbits of advice as to how to track down such nefarious things. Because I thought it may be hidden among the dirty clothes, I washed them all... no dice. I thought they may have intermingled with the clean ones. No dice. Under couches, under cushions, behind the washer and dryer, in the cars... in the basement, in the kids room... nada. So.... its really not that important.... but now its bugging me and is sitting on my brain beating on my cerebellum like a never ending repeat of the Macarena.

So. How do you guys deal with missing items that you KNOW are around ... SOMEWHERE. I've pretty much turned the house over and actually been forced to organize MY closet and the COAT closet as a result. Id swear my wife has the sweatshirt with her... knowing that Im unable to let things like this drop and the house will get cleaned as a result. However, if I find out she "just happens" to have the sweatshirt with her.... its a divorce.

help stop OCD.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
Look, you're spending way too much effort/time to find Creaky's number for your wife. I'm sure if you ask him nice he could give your wife a hand with it.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Alright! If it means that much to you, I'll give you back the damn sweater jeebus! Sheesh, you told me I could have it.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
resistentialism
(ri.zis.TEN.shul.iz.um) n. The belief that inanimate objects have a natural antipathy toward human beings, and therefore it is not people who control things, but things which increasingly control people.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
terry b said:
resistentialism
(ri.zis.TEN.shul.iz.um) n. The belief that inanimate objects have a natural antipathy toward human beings, and therefore it is not people who control things, but things which increasingly control people.
Or to sum it up - moreon.

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
funknuggets,

You need to replace your stem at least once a year. Don't take chances.

As far as the sweatshirt, X-ray your dog's stomach.

Thanks,
Tshirt

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
T-shirt said:
funknuggets,

Thanks,
Tshirt
You're really high aren't you? :wink:

Everyone knows he needs to use a titanium stem. Carbon fiber asplodes anytime.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
funny you should say that...

T-shirt said:
funknuggets,

Thanks,
Tshirt
My wife had a dog that would eat, and then $hat socks..... so I thought about that because our Catahoula is a 70 lb termite. But oddly, he doesn't eat the stuff, he just chews it to a fine grain, perfect for spreading. It doesn't matter what it is... shoe, coffee table, leg of a chair. ... he seems to be almost proud of his work... little f'er.

He only does it when he isn't exercised and feels cooped up. Hes not THAT bad... but if he ate this sweatshirt... Im gonna kill him.

You know the other day, I bought 10 bags of dirt to fill in the holes he dug back there in the last 6 months... and you know what. He just dug them right back out. I could kill him. Ive heard that the secret to getting them to stop digging is to put their own poop in the hole so lets see if that works.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
funknuggets said:
You know the other day, I bought 10 bags of dirt to fill in the holes he dug back there in the last 6 months... and you know what. He just dug them right back out. I could kill him. Ive heard that the secret to getting them to stop digging is to bury them in the hole so lets see if that works.
Fixed it

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the way you think

jupiterrn said:
Although It would take a people sized hole to bury the sucker and thats just too much work. There is an abandoned rock quarry down the road though with a big water filled hole.... hmmm.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Look under teh corgi. You're welcome.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
This happens to me and I am 22, but I am also messy.

I find using a very methodical approach is best. Search every single spot in a room and then move to the next. Takes some time, but it hasn't failed me.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Trash bag and rocks and you're good to go!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
she's wearing it.

·
It's complexicated
1,418 Posts
old age.. walking into a room to get something but you can't remember what, walk back to where you were, you suddenly remember, turn around and FORGET AGAIN

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.