Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying my hardest to avoid real work today, but the only people posting are in PO. On vacation in MX next week so you're on your own then.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I'm trying my hardest to avoid real work today, but the only people posting are in PO. On vacation in MX next week so you're on your own then.
well, I am trying to defrost after spending the weekend in northern michigan, woke up one day and it was -8 out, going from 70 degrees in the ohio valley two days before.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,215 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:

Playing online curling maybe, and trying to rack up an 8.

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Getting my car tuned up then going to Santa Barbara to accompany my husband on his bike buying expedition. A Time frame.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I'm meeting with some atty today about a jobby, Then I'll be back at school for tax litigation class/RBR surfing. But mostly RBR surfing.
school is owning my life. i have an essay, a quiz, and two tests tomorrow. logic is turning into a pain in the ass class. arghhh

at least after tomorrow ill be able to do nothing for like a month before it all happens again.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
I'm meeting with some atty today about a jobby, Then I'll be back at school for tax litigation class/RBR surfing. But mostly RBR surfing.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
lousylegs said:
You and Scotty just like to remind me of bad days don't you. In school, Symbolic Logic was one of the worst classes I have had to take.
I took symbolic logic in college. I really liked that class.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Trying to finish up work...off to UT this pm to go boarding.......I know its not really a sport but it's fun none the less.....

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Shudder, I have to read the Tax Law Journal at work for abstracting it, I could not think about taking a whole law course on it. My sympathy, can see why you RBR all the time in class.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
yarble said:
school is owning my life. i have an essay, a quiz, and two tests tomorrow. logic is turning into a pain in the ass class. arghhh

at least after tomorrow ill be able to do nothing for like a month before it all happens again.
You and Scotty just like to remind me of bad days don't you. In school, Symbolic Logic was one of the worst classes I have had to take.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
lousylegs said:
logic owns my brain. my head feels like its going to explode after class. im actually doing all the homework even though its not required becuase i know if i fall behind for one second im done.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,215 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I took symbolic logic in college. I really liked that class.
I loved it. Man, the fun and profit I've had since then through using Copi's conditional proof method. Assume an IF. Derive a THEN. Thus you have proven the truth of an IF--THEN.

Ah, good times, good times!

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Trying to stuff 8 hours of work into 4, all the while b!tching and moaning that I'm supposed to be on vacation and out watching the TT. :(

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
snapdragen said:
Trying to stuff 8 hours of work into 4, all the while b!tching and moaning that I'm supposed to be on vacation and out watching the TT. :(
dammit--I actually got some real work done in the last hour and a half! Don't let it happen again! ;)

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lousylegs said:
Is that a first? :D
No, but I get nervous when I don't respond to a post on RBR at least every 15 minutes. An hour and a half of uninterrrupted work/work? Unheard of.... ;)

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Enjoying work. It's been too much fun. Loving setting my own schedule, getting up here in PST at sunrise EST, doing a bunch of work, then taking a 2-3 hour break to stuff in some miles. Just getting suited up for a nice 30 mile spin under 60 degree sunny skies now...

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thinkcooper said:
Enjoying work. It's been too much fun. Loving setting my own schedule, getting up here in PST at sunrise EST, doing a bunch of work, then taking a 2-3 hour break to stuff in some miles. Just getting suited up for a nice 30 mile spin under 60 degree sunny skies now...
sounds like you got it made Cooper. Is "getting in some miles" CODE? ;)

/ By the way...find some excuse to come out to Boulder this summer--make sure you're here over a Thursday nite and you can cruise with the Boulder Cruiser gang. You'd have a blast. You can borrow one of my cruisers as I think we're about the same size.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
What am I doing?

Bocephus Jones II said:
1. Anticipating the arrival of the Tour of California tomorrow. I walked over the finish line today at lunch. Watch for the potential for a big nasty pile-up as the riders make the left turn from Chorro onto Monterey for the final sprint. I haven't decided where I'll be watching. I may climb on my bike and head north on Highway 1 to the little hill near the prison or I might try to talk my way into one of the Monterey buildings with a good second story view of the finish.

2. Being annoyed as hell because this board takes so damn long to load. I'm tired of looking at nothing but a banner ad for 30-60 seconds before the remainder of the site appears.

3. Doing some work.

4. Listening to Definitely Maybe. It still sounds good 12 years later.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts