Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like all the nutties are crawling out of the woodwork. In the past two weeks, I've had a glut of the strangest patients and ailments I've ever seen. Just plain bizarre things that really shouldn't be in my office either.

I feel like all I've done for two weeks is write referrals to neurologists and orthopedic surgeons.

Must be the weather or something. Thank god for the 3 day weekend.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Full moon, seriously. All the crazies come out a few days before a full moon.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
i noticed this, too. for about two weeks now. like a wormhole opened and dropped people from crazyworld. wtf?

in fact, it seemed to peak around the 15th of the month. i understand that's payday for many, but it's been unusually wacky.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
yeah i know what you mean, seen some bizzaro shyt the past week or so, people seem to be collectively losing their f*ckiin minds

could be a bioryhtm thing, as in changing of the seasons, maybe its the autumnal equinox, earth shifting on its axis or something, i dont know. but something does seem askew, people definitely losing a grip out there...

and just in time for the holidays. ho ho ho

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
azpeterb said:
I've sprouted horns from my head and I seem to be growing a tail. Is this normal?
For you, yes.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
It's the equinox. Weather changing at a rapid rate, cool temps kicking in, lots of positive ions in the drier air.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
It's crazy-super-busy around here, with extra work and randomness.

Parents-and-one-bro-in-law coming to town for Thanksgiving, but the holiday meal is at John's aunt's house. Gotta find hotels. Hoping to talk M-I-L out of bringing me all her old curtains, blankets, paintings and furniture, but will suck up and deal for the sake of harmony. Just off the phone with her.

Found a dead woodpecker on the front path near door yesterday, belly-up; another bird in the garden by the garage yesterday; a dead mouse in back yard last week. The birds don't appear to have been mangled by a cat or dog. I'm tired of spending my evenings burying wildlife (although I suppose it's good for the garden.)

Never thought of Autumnal Equinox as a crazy time, but then it's getting into the busy season here at work.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haiku d'etat said:
i noticed this, too. for about two weeks now. like a wormhole opened and dropped people from crazyworld. wtf?

in fact, it seemed to peak around the 15th of the month. i understand that's payday for many, but it's been unusually wacky.
Damn, hit the nail on the head. Wormhole to crazyworld it is.

·
9,790 Posts
I've been having people coming in wanting to buy new mountain bikes for $100 and new road bikes for "I can go all the way up to $250".

Of course, that happens all the time, not just now...

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PlasticMotif said:
I have testicular torsion, bed bug allergies and hiccups. Can you help me?

Also, you're a jerk. I thought we had a holiday coming up or something.
Nope. No holiday, your nuts will fall off, and the bed bugs have invaded your lungs and are feasting on your liver.

NEXT!

old_fuji said:
Is your name McDreamy or Gregory House?
I feel like House this week.

And I've been bitter and grumpy to boot.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
I only come here.... I haven't noticed any change...draw your own conclusions.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
PlatyPius said:
I've been having people coming in wanting to buy new mountain bikes for $100 and new road bikes for "I can go all the way up to $250".

Please post pics of the $100 mountain bikes.
Thx

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
Christine said:
Found a dead woodpecker on the front path near door yesterday, belly-up; another bird in the garden by the garage yesterday; a dead mouse in back yard last week. The birds don't appear to have been mangled by a cat or dog. I'm tired of spending my evenings burying wildlife (although I suppose it's good for the garden.)
Maybe your new house is on top of a superfund site. Perhaps that's why the previous owners sold.

·
Still On Steel
2,391 Posts
PlatyPius said:

So get a U-Haul, head over to Wally World, buy 'em out, resell at aforementioned prices. I reckon you'll just about double your money,

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
I've noticed it a bit around clinic here too...some odd folks walking in the doors, coupled with some our of physicians making some odd (eg. bad) decisions when it comes to office politics and candor...everything seems a bit "off" the past few weeks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts