Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was a spider bite, but there aren't any fang marks. I woke up with it on my arm yesterday. Felt like a big pimple. Today it's pretty sore.

joe

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
better amputate or you're gonna die tomorrow :)

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Have you been around any chickens? I had a chicken jump on my arm this weekend. I got a bit of a scratch and it was itching yesterday, but it's gone today. It also jumped on my head, but no scratches there.

HTH.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
You're hanging out with some pretty frisky chickens there MC...

Go to the doctor Geoh

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
does it interfere with your daily spankage due to discomfort or pain?

YES ==> ==> ==> ==> Seek professional medical attention immediately.

NO ==> ==> ==> ==> What's the big deal? Rub some dirt on it and HTFU

hth

·
Burning Fists of Love
6,899 Posts
question

JoeDaddio said:
I thought it was a spider bite, but there aren't any fang marks. I woke up with it on my arm yesterday. Felt like a big pimple. Today it's pretty sore.

joe
Where did you sleep?

Looks like a spider or mite bite. Get to a doc, now, fast, pronto, schnell.....

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Looks like spidey bite to me. Seriously. Hard to see the exact pattern of erythema but it looks not so much like cellulitis but more like a generalized, reactive erythema.

However, spidey bites also become infected due to the nature of resident bacteria on your skin, in its venom, and the fact that tissue is being compromised.

Where do you live?

Looks like a Recluse or a Hobo bite.

Go see a doc.

P.S. a good portion of spidey bites happen at night, as certain spideys suchg as the Recluse, like to hide out in sheets, or in and around the bed. Even if it's not a spidey bite, that looks like something not to just "wait and see" what happens.

Check yer sheets to see if a spidey might be there. If so, catch it and take it with you to the doc.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OldEndicottHiway said:
Looks like spidey bite to me. Seriously. Hard to see the exact pattern of erythema but it looks not so much like cellulitis but more like a generalized, reactive erythema.

However, spidey bites also become infected due to the nature of resident bacteria on your skin, in its venom, and the fact that tissue is being compromised.

Where do you live?

Go see a doc.

P.S. a good portion of spidey bites happen at night, as certain spideys suchg as the Recluse, like to hide out in sheets, or in and around the bed. Even if it's not a spidey bite, that looks like something not to just "wait and see" what happens.

Check yer sheets to see if a spidey might be there. If so, catch it and take it with you to the doc.

I live in Orange County.

I went to he health center here on campus and they said that they only treat students. She said that it was a spider bite that got infected, but she wasn't really listening to anything I was saying and seemed like she was trying to get me out of the office.

It came up yesterday morning and it was just a sore bump, there didn't seem to be any fang marks or anything. After I got inthe shower it looked like a head was showing so i went to pop it, thinking it to be an ingrown hair.

A little bit of puss came out, but then it was mostly a clear yellowish liquid that came out that was kind of watery.

I put a bandage on it last night to keep it covered while I slept so that if it was still draining I wouldn't spread whatever it was around.

This morning I woke up and it was still sore. I was washing in the shower and the top came off and more puss came out and more yellowey liquid. I cleaned it off with some alcohol.

the nurse at the health center told me that I needed to see a doc. So I called my dad and he's picking me up from work and taking me to the urgent care place at my usual Dr's office. My usual dr. is on there till 5pm, so I have to do the urgent care place. Weak.

Here is it from the top.

And here it is from the side, showing how much it is raised up.

joe

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Looks like spidey bite to me. Seriously.

Go see a doc.
Yep, spidy bite is likely.
If it isn't, I'd still get to the doc today, as in right now. That came up quick, which is a big red flag.

Staph is the other possibility, which would mean the exact same thing... see doc today.

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Here is it from the top.

And here it is from the side, showing how much it is raised up.

joe
Oooooool, spidy bites on hairy arms are soooo hot!

1 - 20 of 119 Posts