Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

WTF on SSM Regal prices

795 views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  ARP 
#1 ·
Are you kidding me!? $179.95 for a white Regal from Crashbar?

#2 ·
#4 ·
Dinosaur said:
bikewagon has white Regal ti WCS silver rivets for $59.93. I bought one a few months ago.
I don't get it. Bikewagon has essentially the same saddle (Regal ti WCS, VERY slight difference in graphics) for $49.93, $59.93 and 109.93. Are two last years model? Why the $10 difference for the two lower priced saddles, silver vs. gold rivets? Same dimensions, same weight, apparently same construction for all three. I just don't get it.

#5 ·
Bikewagon.com

Wow another site I knew nothing about, I have not had to buy parts or stuff for a few years. Having multiple bikes, things last longer so i have not had any failed parts in a long while. That Regal they have is a bit of a funky striped lookin' beast. The only reason I am looking is I have one Regal on my Lemond bike and while the saddle is comfortable, it sometimes feels a bit too wide but I can squirm about a bit and find a sweet spot if I start to get uncomfortable. My Ti bike I was looking for a new saddle and stopped in a Trek store and did the fit test and I tested out at a 146mm saddle in the Bontrager Inform model. It has a 90 day return policy, I have about 80 miles on it so far and am still fiddling with the fit position. Initially like I always do I start off level and then begin the nose up tilt as I kinda require this to keep my hips rotated back and the weight off of my wrists and hands, I have a 2 bolt post to micro adjust. I'm just not 100% sold on it as fitting correctly as I want, going to give it a bit more time in the saddle before I decide. If it is thumbs down then I'm going with a Regal.

#6 ·
ARP said:
Wow another site I knew nothing about
That can be a bad thing.

I went over to resellerratings.com to check out Bike Wagon, and they have absolutely nothing on them yet.

I dunno, they might still be good, but I don't like to roll the dice with online stores that seem to have no history on 'em.

#7 ·
SystemShock said:
That can be a bad thing.

I went over to resellerratings.com to check out Bike Wagon, and they have absolutely nothing on them yet.

I dunno, they might still be good, but I don't like to roll the dice with online stores that seem to have no history on 'em.

They are a huge seller on eBay....I've nver had a problem with them...41,000+ transactions

bikewagon( 41983)
Member: since Nov-26-99 in United States

#8 ·
Dave Hickey said:
They sell on eBay quite a bit....I've nver had a problem with them...
Well, I do trust you, Dave. :thumbsup:

#10 ·
Remember, if you don't like the WCS colors,you can chemically remove them. There's a bunch of instructions online.

#11 ·
bikewagon

Mel Erickson said:
I don't get it. Bikewagon has essentially the same saddle (Regal ti WCS, VERY slight difference in graphics) for $49.93, $59.93 and 109.93. Are two last years model? Why the $10 difference for the two lower priced saddles, silver vs. gold rivets? Same dimensions, same weight, apparently same construction for all three. I just don't get it.
The difference between the two silver rivet saddles is that one is polished nickel (59.93) and the other a dull finished ($49.93. I got mine in the original San Marco Box, brand new, wrapped in plastic. No idea why these are priced so low. Could be blemished-factory second saddles but I could find nothing wrong with mine. The 109.93 has gold rivets, no clue why it is priced so high. I figure the whole thing about the Regal is the shape so I can get by the WCS graphics. Bikewagon is a big seller on ebay, they now have their own internet store so you can bypass ebay.

#12 ·
One more here, never had a problem with them.

#15 ·
#16 ·
To echo the OP's point... why the bleep is Bike Crashbar so high? :confused5:

I've noticed this from them from time to time on certain parts... they're just 'out there' sometimes.

#17 ·
thanks, I'd already seen that thread (and I think I've even posted in it!), but I'm a bit hesitant to try it, as I'm not sure about the results... I'd rather pay full price for a saddle, than pay half price and then screw it up and waste the money...

#18 ·
What about heat from a heat gun?

Aren't the decals just very sticky stickers? I used to use a heat gun all the time to remove pinstripping, decals and adhesive from vehicles w/o damaging anything. I would imagine that heating and rubbing gets the removal started and you just keep moving. Might also introduce some goo gone to remove any residue. The idea of introducing a harsh chemical strip agent to the leather to me is a bad idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.