Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be able to talk myself into affording the Angus rather than the Mark V. The Angus is made from Reynolds 631 tubing and has a 1'' headset. Other than that, all the angles and everything seem to be the same, and the Angus doesn't have the cable guides, which is a plus, seeing as I'll be running only a front brake.

But, because of my need for assurance, and my excitement, I thought I'd ask the y'all here. I'll be using it as a commuter to school and work, and for longer, flat traning rides for the AIDS Lifecycle ride. I know y'all must be getting annoyed with my threads on this, but I'm just way too excited, so, any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

joe

·
Registered
202 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I'll be able to talk myself into affording the Angus rather than the Mark V. The Angus is made from Reynolds 631 tubing and has a 1'' headset. Other than that, all the angles and everything seem to be the same, and the Angus doesn't have the cable guides, which is a plus, seeing as I'll be running only a front brake.

Whether there was a discount or not, I'd opt for the Angus for exactly the reasons you've listed here. I looked at the site last night, and while $259 is a tempting price for the Mark V, I think the Angus is still an absolute steal for what you're getting, and well worth the small upcharge. Do it! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts