Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested in their 830SL frame. 'Direct from China' makes me a little nervous, especially if they are asking for my credit card number. They are not accepting Paypal either.

Does anyone have experience with them?

Has anyone had this frame for long enough to provide useful feedback?

I don't want to have to search through the three Chinese carbon threads with their thousands of posts, most of them unrelated to this particular frame.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Deus_Ex_Machina said:
I am very interested in their 830SL frame. 'Direct from China' makes me a little nervous, especially if they are asking for my credit card number. They are not accepting Paypal either.

Does anyone have experience with them?

Has anyone had this frame for long enough to provide useful feedback?

I don't want to have to search through the three Chinese carbon threads with their thousands of posts, most of them unrelated to this particular frame.

Did you notice that there is a 10 unit minimum? Those frames are nothing new.. I'm sure you can find that frame from another source...eBay, etc..

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave Hickey said:
Did you notice that there is a 10 unit minimum? Those frames are nothing new.. I'm sure you can find that frame from another source...eBay, etc..
That seller doesn't have an Ebay store. The site says 10 units minimum, but when you enter 1 in the checkout quantity box you can proceed directly to payment processing. I'm pretty sure they will be happy to ship just one. What scares me about the site is that the terms and conditions hyperlink leads to a 404 error. The Terms and Conditions includes their Privacy Policy. Handing over my credit card data when there is no available Privacy Policy does not inspire confidence.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have one. After 3 months, I still don't feel completely safe on it. Maybe it's because I switched from a Colnago C40... Bad idea. Oh yes, and also, when I squeezed the top tube it said 'crack'.

EDIT: As it turns out, I have an 838SL, not an 830SL. Anyway, warning is still valid.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
campyc40 said:
I have one. After 3 months, I still don't feel completely safe on it. Maybe it's because I switched from a Colnago C40... Bad idea. Oh yes, and also, when I squeezed the top tube it said 'crack'.

EDIT: As it turns out, I have an 838SL, not an 830SL. Anyway, warning is still valid.
The 830SL looks to be the exact same frame that PlanetX is calling it's Nanolight. I wonder if if anybody can confirm that.

Does carbonbikeshop.com offer any sort of warranty if your frame is cracking?

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's easier to use Skype for instant messaging. The link is on the top of their homepage.

Apparently single frame purchase is possible but price is +USD50 on the displayed price and they accept Paypal as well with 7% surcharge.

Looking at the pictures of their frames and wheelsets it's obvious that they are mostly taken from Xpace (frames) and Yishun (wheelsets) sites.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spursrider said:
Looking at the pictures of their frames and wheelsets it's obvious that they are mostly taken from Xpace (frames) and Yishun (wheelsets) sites.
According to Cheapcarbonframes.com xpa-cyling, flyxii and carbonbikeshop are all the same, or at least they all come from the same factory. I assume that carbonbikeshop is simply their online retail outlet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts