Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a vine and it pretty much kills whatever it grows on long enough, but it's beautiful. The wysteria is blooming here, the azaleas, gardenias, dogwoods, and bradford pear trees. The spanish moss is hanging thick (and we even have mistletoe!) and everthing looks so lush. I got all irritated yesterday and was hating being here, but my goodness it's gorgeous. 75 degrees outside and I can sit on my porch and read a book with the birds singing and the sun shining.

Yeah, that's the extent of my internet mushiness today.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
paint said:
I know it's a vine and it pretty much kills whatever it grows on long enough, but it's beautiful. The wysteria is blooming here, the azaleas, gardenias, dogwoods, and bradford pear trees. The spanish moss is hanging thick (and we even have mistletoe!) and everthing looks so lush. I got all irritated yesterday and was hating being here, but my goodness it's gorgeous. 75 degrees outside and I can sit on my porch and read a book with the birds singing and the sun shining.

Yeah, that's the extent of my internet mushiness today.
The only things blooming here are some crocusses, and then only a few. I hate you. ;)

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
lousylegs said:
Vat, you no hava da Tuvips in da blum?
I knew this was coming, you M*chigan Mental Midget, come to think of it lots of M*chigans are of Dutch descent.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
rogger said:
I knew this was coming, you M*chigan Mental Midget, come to think of it lots of M*chigans are of Dutch descent.
Yeah, don't remind me. All the small towns around where I from the people had names like vandervar and de kamp, etc.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
lousylegs said:
Yeah, don't remind me. All the small towns around where I from the people had names like vandervar and de kamp, etc.
And yours?

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
lousylegs said:
A good german name. Same as a character from a recent series of gross out teenager movies - think along the lines of @sshole characters.
Now you got me, I grew out of those flicks years ago so I am totally stumped as to what you mean. Anyway, with all the Vandeveldes around you're bound to have some Bakra blood in you. :D

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
rogger said:
Now you got me, I grew out of those flicks years ago so I am totally stumped as to what you mean. Anyway, with all the Vandeveldes around you're bound to have some Bakra blood in you. :D
WTF is bakra?

The movies are American Pie, which are actually set in Michigan.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
lousylegs said:
WTF is bakra?

The movies are American Pie, which are actually set in Michigan.
Bakra = Dutchman. It's street talk here. Like your patas by the way, can I have some duku?

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This ain't about you dumb friggin' Swedes. ;)

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
rogger said:
Bakra = Dutchman. It's street talk here. Like your patas by the way, can I have some duku?
MOreon, I think that beer is already going to your head. Nope, no Dutch ancestors for me.

pata and duku?

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
lousylegs said:
MOreon, I think that beer is already going to your head. Nope, no Dutch ancestors for me.

pata and duku?
Hehehehe. End of thread hijack. :rolleyes:

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Back to paint's topic. I love wisteria, Chloe's vet used to have a huge vine growing outside the office.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And then it killed off what it was growing on and died itself, didn't it?

That's the funny thing about vines.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
paint said:
And then it killed off what it was growing on and died itself, didn't it?

That's the funny thing about vines.
It was on a big old trellis - I think it just got too huge. Maybe it was eating into the building though......:eek:

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Quit bragging and post some pics already. I haven't seen flowers or green in months up here. Pics!

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't have a digicam anymore. If I get these pics developed soon, I'll scan 'em and post 'em up the ol' fashioned way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts