Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm converting a Bridestone MB-5... got the original sugino cranks, but no rings for the cranks.. any idea what rings would fit the old sugino mtb cranks from 1991? any help would be great. also, what kind of chain would i use with this, a single speed chain or something else? i'd like to put a chain with a connex link on it for easy cleaning...

any help would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
IIRC, 130mm is the BCD for Sugino cranks. Shimano and Strong Light would work just fine. You should not have too much problem finding track specific rings in 130mm, though I don;t know if it would be needed.

Sheldon Brown's website http://sheldonbrown.com has a bunch of stuff on Fix Gear conversion.

Shawn

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
You really need to measure to be sure...If it's a Sugino mtn crank, it's liky 110bcd..

There are a variety of fixed rings available in both 110bcd and 130bcd...

As for chain, a Sram PC1 is a great single speed chain...And it only costs around $15..it's an 1/8" chain but will work with 3/32 rings as well..

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up finding the info on sheldon browns site, should have known... its a 110 bcd crank... so now i need to find a cheap 36t ring... anyone have one? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts