Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Shiny - I haven't ridden an 05 but I did own an 03 TCR and now own an F4:13, which I think is stiffer than the 03 TCR and my other current rides, an older Merck Ti and a Specialized Roubaix.

I took the F4:13 out yesterday for a 70-miler but have been mostly riding the Roubaix as I'm training for a 130-miler w/ 16000 feet of climbing in July. Since I got used to the plush ride of the Roubaix I only pumped the tires up to 100psi or so and the ride was pretty smooth, almost as smooth as the Roubaix. Handling is sharp and I was cornering more agressively on the F4:13 than I would on the Roubaix, but tubulars @ 100psi compared to clinchers on the Roubaix @ 115psi might've had something to do with it. I'm starting to realize that many of the folks who post here about fit, wheels, quality of tires and tire pressure being more important than frame material are right.

I think you'd be plenty happy with the stiffness of the F4:13 and it's probably the best-looking bike frame I've ever owned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.